Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I figured it was about time I introduce myself. Names Zane I live in Montana Snowboarding is life. Anyway I own a 91si which has an interesting story behind it which I will now elaborate on. Ok the kid who had the car before me ended up snapping the timing belt. He lived on a farm in a rural area at least three hundred miles away from the shop where i ended up purchasing my lude. So after snapping the timing belt and fugging up everything the kids grandma decided to take it here to Billings where i live to a local shop to have a full rebuild.
So however long it took I dont know ( this all happaned around the year 2000-2002). The full rebuild of the B20A5 was complete so the shop owner called the grandmother ( who has 3 daughters this info will make sense in a minute) to come bcak to Billings to pick it up. On the way to pick it up the lady GET IN A WRECK AND DIES!!! So now being that the grandmother actually owns her grandsons car it has to be given back to one of the daughters. They all want it of course, i mean who wouldnt. But since there was no will leaving it to anyone and the daughters could never come to an agreement it sat for about 7 years while it hung in limbo untill a certain date reached when it became the shop owner car.
The owner started up and let it ran monthly to keep everything lubricated and what not.
So last spring i stumble upon the beauty in the lot of the shop owner. It nearing graduation (highschool) and my 88 subaru justy is just not cutting it. Turns out the shop owners is a very good friend of my dads co worker. So about a week later my parents ask me if I like preludes, Well hells yeah i like preludes durr. Long story short the end up buying it for my graduation the day it gets out of the so called limbo. And that my friends is the story of my lude.

Here are the pics of it about 3 or so months after i bought it. It was bone stock when i bought it. Im picking up parts and what not for mild N/A build.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I love stories where people find pristine cars that have like no mileage on them and the paint is perfect (well except your little flakes on the bumper coming off, not that noticable). I knew a dude who found an absolute mint 1981 Honda Accord in a barn stable with only 41 miles on it. Of course, the dumbass decides to drive it in the Ohio winter and within that winter and onto the spring, rust began to spring up. What an idiot.

Good luck on your car, since it's so untouched why not try your luck and OEM the hell out of it with some rare JDM/USDM options to keep it in the great condition it is?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love stories where people find pristine cars that have like no mileage on them and the paint is perfect (well except your little flakes on the bumper coming off, not that noticable). I knew a dude who found an absolute mint 1981 Honda Accord in a barn stable with only 41 miles on it. Of course, the dumbass decides to drive it in the Ohio winter and within that winter and onto the spring, rust began to spring up. What an idiot.

Good luck on your car, since it's so untouched why not try your luck and OEM the hell out of it with some rare JDM/USDM options to keep it in the great condition it is?
Oh yeah forgot to mention some asshole from school hit my right front fender before these pics were taken. Totally his fault but i had it repaired covered fully by his insurance. Got me a new front bumper : )

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
cool story, your car looks good.

i spy a rear view mirror cover... mine was broken in two pieces when i got the car...

·
Registered
561 Posts
Car looks clean, just needs a clock cover.

·
iamNOTerator
5,945 Posts
hahah very nice story, how many miles are on it BTW? I would be kind of scared that granny would come and haunt you for having her car!!

·
Boxxy Is Back
1,452 Posts
when you got a new bumper you should have got the Si bumper with the fogs. i was wondering why it was like that then i saw that post

congrats. i wish i could find a clean one like that

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i bought fogs just havent put them on yet 160k on the chassis for miles, and thanks the cutlass is an ongoing project that will probably never be finished

1 - 14 of 14 Posts