Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My engine has gone, I'm going to start disassembling and I'm hoping for help to make something good.

I hope to get some help, I was thinking maybe and an engine change

·
Premium Member
16,660 Posts
Well nice work. I say go with a B20vtec or H22 swap. Let me know what you decide, I make both swap kits.

I had both and now I have just the B20vtec.

·
Premium Member
16,660 Posts
I have spoken to Innovative and I was told they did a redesign on their kit to fix the engine placement problem.

They are sending me a H22 kit to test fit on their mounts so I will see if they fixed it enough.

As for the H22, you need to get a Prelude H22 driver side post mount, that one is the Accord postmount and it will not work for that swap.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I have spoken to Innovative and I was told they did a redesign on their kit to fix the engine placement problem.

They are sending me a H22 kit to test fit on their mounts so I will see if they fixed it enough.

As for the H22, you need to get a Prelude H22 driver side post mount, that one is the Accord postmount and it will not work for that swap.
OK thank you.
In my case, support has serious problems, as an example:

Misaligned holes

Unnecessary pieces that I will have to cut

And other out-of-measure parts

Attention all in the same piece, all the others are perfect.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yeah, isnt that the drill, (no pun intended, no seriously :p), nowadays.. Nothing fits exact anymore, its "almost" always hand grenade, grind this, cut that.......... Awesome thread by the way, zok... 👍

·
Premium Member
16,660 Posts
OK thank you.
In my case, support has serious problems, as an example:

Misaligned holes

Unnecessary pieces that I will have to cut

And other out-of-measure parts

Attention all in the same piece, all the others are perfect.
When did you order this kit? If that is the current kit, then they did not fix the issues.
I will see once I get my hands on the kit. But from what I can see for now this is a big problem as you are not able to drill out those holes or else you lose the warranty.

Also until you can bolt that motor and transmission in, I suspect it may still not be able to do powersteering. And our racks are not made to be converted into manual racks.
They need fluid flowing through them to cool the rack as well as not destroy the seals.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
When did you order this kit? If that is the current kit, then they did not fix the issues.
I will see once I get my hands on the kit. But from what I can see for now this is a big problem as you are not able to drill out those holes or else you lose the warranty.

Also until you can bolt that motor and transmission in, I suspect it may still not be able to do powersteering. And our racks are not made to be converted into manual racks.
They need fluid flowing through them to cool the rack as well as not destroy the seals.

It's been a while since I bought it, I buy a few things at a time to complete the car.
It was still in 20018 when I bought it.
And their response was:

From that day until today they will no longer respond.

Too expensive for me to buy in the USA, because of customs and other things

I had to stick with the innovative assemblies, because they will not help me, even if I need to modify them.

·
Premium Member
16,660 Posts
It's been a while since I bought it, I buy a few things at a time to complete the car.
It was still in 20018 when I bought it.
And their response was:

From that day until today they will no longer respond.

Too expensive for me to buy in the USA, because of customs and other things

I had to stick with the innovative assemblies, because they will not help me, even if I need to modify them.
Yes, international orders tend to be void anyways. So at this point, you will have to modify the mount.
Sorry for your situation. I did warn many on the net that those kits were not produced properly.
But due to their offering price most people just deal with it and hack up their ludes or the mounts to get it to work.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, international orders tend to be void anyways. So at this point, you will have to modify the mount.
Sorry for your situation. I did warn many on the net that those kits were not produced properly.
But due to their offering price most people just deal with it and hack up their ludes or the mounts to get it to work.
Thank you very much, I can easily modify the Innovative Mounts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Thank you very much, I can easily modify the Innovative Mounts
Good to hear, Ive had to do that more then once in my life... Beers ago I thought I found a screaming deal on a pair of Front Wave Rotors for my 93 ZX11..... I jumped on them. Warped them in 1 Summer of hard riding. The following winter I found a set of used BRAKING Rotors, (made in Great Britain), that had only been used for the race track. Were very close to Out of Serviceable limits, but I jumped on those as well, even though they cost the same as the brand new Chinese Rotors I bought earlier.. FOUR summers later..... :cool: Yep, still on the bike.

What Ive learned in the 787 Months Ive walked this Earth. Don't go cheap on yourself when it comes to Food, Shoes, Alcohol, & Rolling Stock ;)

“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten”

·
Premium Member
16,660 Posts
You will have to use an under drive pulley that is smaller on this swap if you stick with the OE traction bar. That radius rod will not clear.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You will have to use an under drive pulley that is smaller on this swap if you stick with the OE traction bar. That radius rod will not clear.
I'm sorry, sometimes I have difficulty understanding English, can you explain it in another way?

·
Memento Mori
7,489 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts