Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have used Uberdata correctly, what kind of gains did you achieve by using it? I'm looking into doing this so I'll be doing a bit of searching, but I want to see other's gains to see if this is worth it.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Uber is a very simple solution to boost appllications of the 3rd gen prelude. I have been running it for over a year and the car gets the best gas mileage ever as well as making some of the best power. For your money it is a quick and viable solution. However if money is not an issue I recommend the Hondata s300. It offers a more robust solution to FI tuning as well as a few features to regulate boost in seperate gears. If you are turbo now you know that first and second gear are almost useless unless your running drag radials, my point here is that less boost in 1st and 2nd gear are almost mandatory. All in all the Uber is a great setup and you can get your car running correctly with very little income disposed as apposed to tricking the car into running without standalone.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Uberdata is getting kinda outdated, you might want to look into crome.

As for gains, I don't think I've heard of anyone tuning an NA 3rd gen. If you're stock, it probably isn't worth the money you will spend for the power you might find. If you have any mods, you could potentially unlock quite a bit of power, basically the further you are from stock the more you stand to gain.

Rob
89 2.0si

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far I'm N/A, not thinking of going turboed yet. As far as Uberdata goes, I'm only looking into it, but if I do plan on going along with it, it won't be until I have the things I have on my mods list.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
im also planning on using uberdata and from what ive read, heard and talked about with people that have used it, its great. you can get the whole setup for like 400$ or less if you buy everyhting. if you do things yourself like the obd1 harness and chipping the ecu itll be less. but even if you are stock you could squeez some extra power out of the motor but you will get more as you add boltons. it doesnt have to be youre first addition to the car but its one you really want to do. ill be getting the stuff once some money comes in and dont think that its out of date cause it really isnt. if it was then why do you hear so much about it? imo
(im not yelling at you Nicoy if you happen to think i am,giving my 2 cents)
good luck

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Uberdata us UBER outdated...

its an abandonware. if you wernt with it when it was in its prime, it is going to be VERY hard for you to find all the pieces it takes to get it up and running right. there are SOOOOooooooo many little tricks that you need to know to fight your way through the simple process of getting the car STARED...

All this comes from a year and a half of Uber experience. Look into starting with CROME instead. Already a stable progem, Easy to use, Great help... and costs a little more than uber to get up and running.. unless you run CROME Free... then its the same.

Dont even bother to start with Uber... start with Crome..

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I went from Uber to Crome as well

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am currently runing uber, and i would have to say you guys are pretty right on, my car runs great and makes a lot of power now but the road to getting there was way too long with uberdata and any adjustments to my boost takes almost a whole day of tuning (without a dino) just to get the fuel dialed back in. So needless to say I will shortly be making the upgrade to hondata.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Yea... start out on the RIGHT bus.. the first time around. Uberdata's bus passed by about a year and a 1/2 ago... dont go chasing it down the streeet. CrOmeS bus is still here waiting for more passengers.. and who knows how long it will be around with full support.

Hondata... well.. that shit is set in stone. it is not going anywhere.

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
haha.. i felt like throwing "search" up there... because ive posted about this same shit so many times....

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
xNicoyAx said:
For those of you who have used Uberdata correctly, what kind of gains did you achieve by using it? I'm looking into doing this so I'll be doing a bit of searching, but I want to see other's gains to see if this is worth it.
Look Fly, I even underlined it for you! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts