Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I seem to be having problems removing the center console around the shifter... the ebrake is RIGHT in the way!

Anybody know how I go about getting the console out? Do I have to disconnect the ebrake somehow? Heres some pics, hope it helps...

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
lol that is funny as hell, just grab each side and flex it out a little and slant the whole piece so it clears the ebrake. when i say slant you actually push the side nearest to the ebrake down and the ass end up and it will come off and the pick the front up and it will clear. it takes some getting use to, but its about on of the easiest things to do.

·
Premium Member
17,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really?

Someone else told me I had to remove the whole armrest part... I just don't want to break that plastic a day after getting the car!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Just move the entire console up(F___/R) just like that after pulling the e-brake handle as far as it can go. The 1st time i took mine out i was like wtf also.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
nah i have taken mine off probably 50 times and that how i get mine off and never once even slighty cracked the plastic. even if you take the armrest off the ebrake will still be there. you can feel the plastic bend you dont have to do it much to get it to clear. if you dont have it off by tomorrow i will take some pics i have to wire up the ps2 to the tv for the car show ill grab some pics while i do it

·
Registered
513 Posts
paysos said:
what u plan on doin with ur console? I'll buy it off u
it would appear that he is just replacing the sound system, so i doubt he is sellin it, specially since his girlfriend just bought it

but when i did mine in my 92, i didnt have the ebrake in the way, but did have the auto shifter right there, the plastic can take a fair bit of flex before even slightlest cracks happen

·
Premium Member
17,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kokanee27 said:
it would appear that he is just replacing the sound system, so i doubt he is sellin it, specially since his girlfriend just bought it

but when i did mine in my 92, i didnt have the ebrake in the way, but did have the auto shifter right there, the plastic can take a fair bit of flex before even slightlest cracks happen
Yeah I finally got it, I took the armrest part out too just in case. I had to bend it quite a bit, my gf would have sodomized me if I cracked it the day after getting the car! :lol:

Thanks for all the help y0

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Are those seat warmer buttons! If your g/f wants to sell all the parts to the heated seats, let me know! Yeah, like that would happen! And folding mirrors! How come this stuff is never on ebay, it is always JDM backwards ass folding mirrors?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts