• Yes, very helpful indeed!

Votes: 159 97.0%
  • No, it was a huge waste of my life =[

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 161 Posts

·
12,918 Posts
Sweet. I'm actually surprised on how simple you realized it would be and made it.
I'll do this if ever my bumper starts to sag :D

That jack is awesome btw.. I'm hoping to get the same one sooner or later.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
good to see u still got the prelude intact and its coming along! hows those Retro fits coming?
hahaha.. yeah i've delayed those for the longest time. something always gets in the way. and i'm still undecided with the TSX projectors. i love them, but they are bulky and i'm really a picky aesthetic. we'll see
hmm... jdm bumper support is different, just notice it
really? post a pic, i'd liek to see.
Sweet. I'm actually surprised on how simple you realized it would be and made it.
I'll do this if ever my bumper starts to sag :D
That jack is awesome btw.. I'm hoping to get the same one sooner or later.
told you guys it was simple and easy. that jack is the shit. only problem, i'm a small dude so i gotta jump on that sucker to get those last cranks out. lol
Wow... what a simple solution. Looks great! I might try it out soon.
best of all, it probably wont cost you anything if you can find those washers laying around the house.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
oh btw guys. for those who've done it. can you guys post pics? like a before and after shot would be nice. you know, for those who have yet to do it. thanks again and i'm glad this actually was worth posting.

edit: thanks for all the rep points. i'll try to contribute stuff like this to the board in the future.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
i jsut did this yesterday and it helped out alot. although there still a gap its alot less then before!
like i pointed out in my writeup, try using additional washers to give it more angle. i've tried but it was overkill for me. maybe it'll be what the doctor ordered for you.

Will the foam thing need to be removed from the bumper support in order to get the bumper to fit over the "extended" bumper support?
no sir. just add the washers and you are good to go. maybe, if the foam damper was a solid piece of metal maybe, but luckily it's not, it's foam.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
havent tried this but how can the washers do the job?? it makes the rebar tighter therefor the bumper fits better??
okay look at it this way. the rebar sits flush and parallel with the chassis under normal conditions yes? easy to understand. rebar is tightened down by 6 bolts, 3 on each side in a triangular formation. now, add washers to the lower 4 bolts and now your rebar does not sit flush with the chassis. because of the added washers, the lower part of the rebar sticks out further while the top still is flush. if you look from further away, you will see that this causes the rebar to angle upward thus forces the bumper to sit closer up as well making it sit flush with the fenders. believe me, just try it out and you'll see what i mean. once you do, i'm sure you'll be like "dooooh!" it's rather really really simple if you don't think about it too much.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
okay look at it this way. the rebar sits flush and parallel with the chassis under normal conditions yes? easy to understand. rebar is tightened down by 6 bolts, 3 on each side in a triangular formation. now, add washers to the lower 4 bolts and now your rebar does not sit flush with the chassis. because of the added washers, the lower part of the rebar sticks out further while the top still is flush. if you look from further away, you will see that this causes the rebar to angle upward thus forces the bumper to sit closer up as well making it sit flush with the fenders. believe me, just try it out and you'll see what i mean. once you do, i'm sure you'll be like "dooooh!" it's rather really really simple if you don't think about it too much.
Ohhh i get it now :D
havent had time lately but i'll sure do that. ur the best :smilejap:

21 - 40 of 161 Posts