Honda Prelude Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
I'd like to see a picture taken from the driver seat, with the glovebox completely reassembled + the owner's manual inside.

·
Abscissa & Ordinate
5,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
What interior lights does that blu/white wire control?
All the interior lights. Which is basically just the dome, clock, and radio face. I'm pretty positive on this as there are never two of the same wire in a car (besides black; ground) and this same wire runs up to the dome lights. When I accidentally shorted it it blew the "interior lights" fuse in the underhood fusebox.

I'd like to see a picture taken from the driver seat, with the glovebox completely reassembled + the owner's manual inside.
Will do. Hopefully no one thinks I'm trying to steal my own car while I do this at 3am. :colgate:

·
Registered
71 Posts
hey, i was wondering if you can give me a more in depth instructions on the wiring thanks, what type of fuse did u use??, if u had used one, i am doing this soon, n i have all the parts to it, i just didn't want to mess up the wiring in the car, thanks for the help

·
_
2,494 Posts
you can pull off your radio, and make a jumper off of the yellow wire, over to the switch. the radio/clock fuse will be able to handle the lightbulb no problem.

·
Abscissa & Ordinate
5,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
you can pull off your radio, and make a jumper off of the yellow wire, over to the switch. the radio/clock fuse will be able to handle the lightbulb no problem.
That's another possibility. I was just too lazy to pull out my radio again. :colgate:

hey, i was wondering if you can give me a more in depth instructions on the wiring thanks, what type of fuse did u use??, if u had used one, i am doing this soon, n i have all the parts to it, i just didn't want to mess up the wiring in the car, thanks for the help

I have a schematic on the first page in the pictures. For a fuse I used a 5amp one since thats more than plenty for LEDs. But is there something you don't understand that you want detail on? Because to me thats enough detail, so I don't know exactly where I can elaborate. :colgate:

·
Abscissa & Ordinate
5,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Looks good. Now get some LEDs for the dome light as well! :emthup:

Was I straightforward enough as to where and how to mount the light and switch, though?

·
Registered
71 Posts
yeah u where pretty straightford, the direction was quite simple, but i went with a strip of led light from pep boys, that mounted perfectly on top of the middle piece that was in there, i went around to the junks but couldn't find any acura or honda's that would match or similar to what u had, it turned out great though thanks again.

·
_
2,494 Posts
that looks tight, jdm)(bb6. i like the sticker right in front of the passenger's seat. it's like "yeah, i value my prelude more than you, so if you fuck with it, you're walking, ok?"

·
Registered
71 Posts
that looks tight, jdm)(bb6. i like the sticker right in front of the passenger's seat. it's like "yeah, i value my prelude more than you, so if you fuck with it, you're walking, ok?"
thanks dude, i never thought about that before, thanks for the idea, hahah i like it.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Don't remember where that blood came from, but you should've seen the burn I got from a soldering iron a couple days back. Looked like a branding. :crazy:

It's a nice little camera. Like a DSLR junior, since I can manipulate everything I so wish on it. Only set back is no anti-shake function.

?_?

Yeah, does a pretty good job of lighting things up. Like kronn said, it takes a 168/194 bulb so anything of that size works. I used an LED that I got in a 10pack off ebay. They're kinda dim since its a one LED bulb, but it matches my dome light. I wasn't going for super light out put, but this method makes it really easy to swap things since there's no permanent fixture. It also mounts right up to that spot perfectly.
It's not dim because its only one LED bulb, it's dim because its a cheap LED bulb. I have an LED Flashlight that puts out 110 Lumens at 7 Watts running 6 volts of juice. It is blindingly bright and it's only 1 LED bulb. Still looks cool though. I would have shortened the screws a little bit there's like an extra inch behind them. But then I never even though of doing something like this...

·
Abscissa & Ordinate
5,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
It's not dim because its only one LED bulb, it's dim because its a cheap LED bulb. I have an LED Flashlight that puts out 110 Lumens at 7 Watts running 6 volts of juice. It is blindingly bright and it's only 1 LED bulb. Still looks cool though. I would have shortened the screws a little bit there's like an extra inch behind them. But then I never even though of doing something like this...
Well yeah thats what I implied. You can have a single Luxeon LED (like whats in your flashlight probably) that will burn your eyes out, or you can have a single LED that only pulls like 100 mA at most. I didn't want too much light in there anyway and this little guy gives a nice subtle glow, just enough to see inside at night.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts