Honda Prelude Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Kinda off topic
but I'm starting to notice that I can't change modes?
I needed my front window defrosted and I couldn't. I selected defrost but air was still
blowing out the front vents?
Any ideas?

·
Abscissa & Ordinate
5,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Kinda off topic
but I'm starting to notice that I can't change modes?
I needed my front window defrosted and I couldn't. I selected defrost but air was still
blowing out the front vents?
Any ideas?
Either the zone selection motor crapped out or the actual climate control unit (the thing with the buttons) is bad.

This is the troubleshoot procedure from the Helms:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Question about what water valve cable to buy

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/Page_Product/PartDetail.aspx?catalogID=47&productID=5&yearID=15&doorID=4&gradeID=8&areaID=2&transmissionID=3&originID=-1&colorLabelIDs=-1&colorLabelID=-1&sectionID=5&idAndImageID=8220%20939427&isBigPicture=False&pageName=Heater%20Unit
#10 from this 97 Accord 4DR EX

OR
http://www.hondapartsnow.com/Page_Product/PartDetail.aspx?catalogID=20&productID=5&yearID=16&doorID=4&gradeID=8&areaID=2&transmissionID=3&originID=-1&colorLabelIDs=-1&colorLabelID=-1&sectionID=5&idAndImageID=3260 934456&isBigPicture=False&pageName=Heater Unit
#9 from this 1998 Accord 4DR EX?

I am leaning towards the 1997 one it's only $2.11 VS $4.62 for the 1998 one.

Since I am pulling my cyl head this weekend I figured I might as well change it at the same time. I am not having problems yet, but the part is cheap, and with the cyl head and intake mani off already should be really easy. I am also going to change my fuel filter too, and install my engine block heater (I have an SH so the ATTS blocks from the bottom).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Fantastic dude. Screwed that cable up when I was replacing the LED's in the climate control. Had to take it apart twice to get it to work again... Though the AC has never worked. Still researching that. :/

21 - 33 of 33 Posts