Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as the title states it has been a long long time since ive been on the site. I sold my preludes over 2 years ago and opted for a house instead. Ive had a civic si dd for that length of time and recently purchased a bmw 330ci. So heres why im back, Im looking to get back in the lude world. I have read alot of threads the past hour and see ALOT has changed. Given my prelude had a "ricey" bodykit and big wheels but now people are opting for projectors instead of jdm 1 pieces. wow never thought Id see the day. Well ive searched craigslist, and test drove a few preludes all fourth gen of course and found nothing. So I need yalls help to find me a good car. And Please PM me if anyone has anything. given the moderator will more then likley move it to the wanted section. just wanted to tell all the guys from the old days that i was back!

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
I remember when I first joined you were just leaving.

Not sure what you mean when you say people are getting projectors over JDM 1 piece headlights because JDM headlights are still number 1.

Glad to see your coming back to the prelude game! Good luck finding a clean stock one that has low mileage. Let us know when you find one.

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Yah, they are still getting JDM 1 pieces, but they are customizing them by putting in TSX projectors so that they have proper cut offs.

Hope you find a good condition one!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i found one outside of atlanta but some guys on here were thinkin it was a pp.com members that was stolen. so f that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome back! The difficulty of finding a decent prelude increases by the day. Good luck on your search. Oh btw, jdm 1 pieces still rule.

·
iamNOTerator
5,945 Posts
Welcome back, I remember you too! This was back in the day when I had my 3rd Gen and my old user name was PizzaBoy. I made a thread once about how bad I wanted a 4th gen...I never did find one. I got myself a nice 5th gen though haha

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That one you found outside of atlanta isnt the stolen one from bb4

thats good to know this time straight jdm no kits. i just want one thats clean, h22 and unmolested. thats probably to much to ask huh lol

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i remember the pizza boy tag. and ive had a 5th gen sh. just didnt do it for me. neither does the b16. something about the first love.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i really dont want to get into body work again... id like to buy something that is already a stock color, or freshly painted with min. amount of dents.

·
Registered
967 Posts
thats good to know this time straight jdm no kits. i just want one thats clean, h22 and unmolested. thats probably to much to ask huh lol

Depending how far your will to travel and what exactly your looking for i may know of a prelude in maryland:hmmm:

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
welcome back man, you must have just left before i signed up, but my name used to be sportshift5thgen.

And a 5th gen is a good option, i pretty much love the 4th and 5th gens equally. There are things about both of them that are really cool.

Just keep searching, and dont jump on anything until your sure you have found the perfect one

·
Registered
194 Posts
I don't know where you're from but I found a 56xxx mile 4th gen here in florida on craigslist. Only thing is he's asking 9500 for it. I asked him to drop down the price but he said no way because its in mint condition, pretty much brand new.

Here's the link:
http://pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/980826994.html

Wow, I just saw pics and this prelude is truly mint. Pure sex!
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
yea i bet it would be nice to have one with 56k.. what do yall think about the ebay one, given his dyno sheet doesnt match the numbers he claimed, on the tourque/hp lines maybe but to the side it doesnt. but that is the type of car im looking for minus the messed up center console.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
yea i bet it would be nice to have one with 56k.. what do yall think about the ebay one, given his dyno sheet doesnt match the numbers he claimed, on the tourque/hp lines maybe but to the side it doesnt. but that is the type of car im looking for minus the messed up center console.
ignore the numbers on the side. those values reflect all info for the point at which the cursor is at. and if you look closely, you can see a vertical yellow line at about 4050rpms, that is the cursor, all the info to the right is for the conditions at that exact moment, it does not reflect peak or average numbers of any sort.

that car is sick though, built well, tuned well, performs great, awesome for a street car or drag car. everything about it looks great. my only concern is why he has only put 10 miles on it since finishing it. maybe the car scares him and he knows his limits?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ignore the numbers on the side. those values reflect all info for the point at which the cursor is at. and if you look closely, you can see a vertical yellow line at about 4050rpms, that is the cursor, all the info to the right is for the conditions at that exact moment, it does not reflect peak or average numbers of any sort.

that car is sick though, built well, tuned well, performs great, awesome for a street car or drag car. everything about it looks great. my only concern is why he has only put 10 miles on it since finishing it. maybe the car scares him and he knows his limits?

yea i thought that was weird too about the 10 miles. it is a good setup the place he got it built looks legit. im going to watch it and throw a bid at the end wish me luck. the fenders will have to go. i wish the owner would be on h-t.com or some other forum so i could see whats up with the car.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts