Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ive read the threads and did my search.
everything works and car turns over fine... it just wont start.

pulled into mcdonalds and parked.. now its stuck there and wont crank up.

got a few options.. starter relay, staiter<sp> in dizzy, and other stuff like fi relay i guess. i am going back to get the car tonight.

what my question is, is what to check or go buy to replace what first ?

fuses are good, all accessories work. i killed the battery (so it turns over) but i got my other cars battery ready to go with me.

whats the realy thing called thats bolted to the passenger strut bulge ? its right bechind the underhood fuse box. i looked over the huge guessman post that is now sticky (and a great one to boot) but did not see what it was and i dont remember off the top of my head but could that be it ? it would be very easy to pull that off my other car but if i dont need it i dont need to be taking stuff i dont need with me.

and how hard is swapping a dizzy in the dark ? im not looking forward to doing this in mickyD's parking lot but you never know.... three bolts, 4 plug wires and a coil wire and i could be off and running.

no.. ive not check to see if i get spark or fuel yet... i just got home and am fixinf to go back out to get the lude. just thought i would post and wait on a few replies while dinner is cooking.

·
Memento Mori
7,515 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Man that blows. How long did you try to start it? Could be the dizzy, but did you hear the fuel pump kick on? And is it the one on wall triana?

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
maybe, just dont know yet. well, i know i got to check for spark and fuel.
but ive not returned to the car with tools and stuff to do that.

fixing to head out to the other car to pull a few things.
then its off to go get the red one. owned it for a decade and the
red lude has always ran, except now.

what a drag. this crap could not of come at a worse time.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Well, I still got your Samurai Champloo disk haha. That could lighten your day :p

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Man that blows. How long did you try to start it? Could be the dizzy, but did you hear the fuel pump kick on? And is it the one on wall triana?
long enough to drag the battery down. not a constant turn over.
i went inside and gave it breaks. still killed the battery to the point
of it not turning over fast enough to start.

it did this about three weeks ago after i filled her up.
took a while but she started. never happened again
until today.

yup. its on triana. i got to get it out of there tonight.
i sure hope its not on blocks when i get back.

... speaking of wheels... what are those from, spiff ?

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
that piece behind the fuse box with the flat two row plug is the ignition module. i would take along a spare if you have it to eliminate it as a possibility. that sucks though. hope you get some good answers.

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea.. i thought it was the ignition module but i wanted to hear it from another.
thats what i wanted to know. mucho thanks.

dinner ?

fried chicken, white rice w/gravy, corn, green beans with bacon, and bread.
yummy. it was good. now time to get my baby home :D

thanks peeps.

uhh.. how does the quote another work now ?
i quoted you but its now showing.. strange.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
yea.. i thought it was the ignition module but i wanted to hear it from another.
thats what i wanted to know. mucho thanks.

dinner ?

fried chicken, white rice w/gravy, corn, green beans with bacon, and bread.
yummy. it was good. now time to get my baby home :D

thanks peeps.

uhh.. how does the quote another work now ?
i quoted you but its now showing.. strange.
the plus sign means you have to push reply, the one with the quotation mark that says reply will quote and direct you to the reply page.
you have 6000+ posts and you dont know that? lol

and about your dinner.. sounds like youre beggin for a heart attack. lol
what kinda bread though?

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
just hit the quote "+" on all the post you want to quote.
then hit the reply on the last post you want to quote.

the plus sign means you have to push reply, the one with the quotation mark that says reply will quote and direct you to the reply page.
you have 6000+ posts and you dont know that? lol

and about your dinner.. sounds like youre beggin for a heart attack. lol
what kinda bread though?
heh.. well over the course of my 6k post, this forum has changed quite a bit. its nothing like it use to be and i aint been around in a while.

heart attack ? lol
thats good home cooking not some crap from KFC.
white bread. homemade and gooood :D

now about the ride. wont start, still wont start. tested spark and its getting juice (but not like it should). but mesa got other real big problems. like the whole right (passenger) side of the car is dead. no lights on that side.

no right side nothing. no parking lights, no brake lights, not even the interior blinker indicator for that side thats inside the car. the hazards work, but they only blinked on one side (drivers side)..... WTF the hazards not even working right ?!?!?

if the whole right side is really dead. i am thinking the under hood fuse box is the culprit ???
or maybe one of those harness grounds is bad and this is effecting the lights on that side ?

never even heard of this kind of problem before.

im going to have a busy weekend solving this gremlin.
chime in with any input on this. im gonna need it.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
hey man i've had a few cases of this. when my car wouldn't start the one time my map sensor completely fried. it would just crank and crank and crank. could maybe try that, a freak accident and it blew the diaphram out or somethin. just a thought as well. i'd maybe junkyard that part because they are 360 new from honda, fuck that.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
just hit the quote "+" on all the post you want to quote.
then hit the reply on the last post you want to quote.

heh.. well over the course of my 6k post, this forum has changed quite a bit. its nothing like it use to be and i aint been around in a while.

heart attack ? lol
thats good home cooking not some crap from KFC.
white bread. homemade and gooood :D

now about the ride.
mesa got real big problems. like the whole right (passenger) side of the car is dead. no lights on that side.

no right side nothing. no parking lights, no brake lights, not even the interior blinker indicator for that side. the hazards, they only blinked on one side (drivers side)..... WTF the hazards not even working right ?!?!?

if the whole right side is really dead. i am thinking the under hood fuse box is the culprit ???
or maybe one of those harness grounds is bad and this is effecting the lights on that side ?

never even heard of this kind of problem before.

im going to have a busy weekend solving this gremlin.
chime in with any input on this. im gonna need it.

yeah, fried chicken and bacon.. thats beggin for clogged arteries. lol
but id do it. haha

does the left side of the bulb in the dome light come on while the right side stays dim?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Sounds like another main relay.. Try hitting it, if nothing else works. Sounds crazy but mine used to only do it in extreme heat, and if i gave it a good wack.. It would come to life.

a dizzy is not hard to change in the dark.. or anywhere else for that reason.

·
no mo mod
13,011 Posts
pop the oil cap and have someone crank the engine...make sure your cams are turning :emthup:

could be the igniter (ignition module), coil, ignition switch, distributor or main relay if there's no spark...

We had a 3rd gen that everything checked out fine...it had spark, fuel and good compression. still wouldn't start. swapped some known good parts, reset the ECU, put some new plugs in... Killed the battery leavin the key on to test stuff so we put a different battery in and it fired right up.
*shrug*

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
That's weird that it was running fine and after you parked it only the driver side flashers worked. Sounds like a ground came loose, call me if you need help with something.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts