Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
IBALLHARD
1,461 Posts
i have a friend who has some megan lowering springs on his 07 civic on stock struts.
rides fine to me...
nice looking drop too.

so i dont know why people are ALWAYS saying megan is bad.. i mean i know its not the most high quality stuff but i have never heard of any of there products fucking up or anything..

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
so i dont know why people are ALWAYS saying megan is bad.. i mean i know its not the most high quality stuff but i have never heard of any of there products fucking up or anything..
Yea, that's why I asked that. People see a brand, then take what somebody else said about it(who may be a dumbass), then they repeat what they've heard.

·
IBALLHARD
1,461 Posts
Yea, that's why I asked that. People see a brand, then take what somebody else said about it(who may be a dumbass), then they repeat what they've heard.

exactly...

but to actually answer the question..
would i trust them? yes
best choice for springs? no

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I've had meagan products break on me because of shitty welds or worksman ship. And they have even shittier customer service and returns

·
IBALLHARD
1,461 Posts
well i also know people who have had like a megan header for several years now with no problems..
and my friend with those springs has had them on for over a year.

now i know nothing about there customer service..

·
Back 2 Hackin
4,375 Posts
If you want to know about springs, ask them for their spring rates. After you get them, take the springs to a spring Dyno, (or what ever its called) and have them tested. If they are not up to par, I dont see a reason why Megan wouldnt refund your money.

I personally like Megan, and from the stuff I use from them, havent had any issues.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
I would personally trust them, hell neon is running ebay coilovers specials that were like 99 bucks and I believe his are fine but I also dont wanna make assumptions about his car cause he might say otherwise

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
idk for something like a header with just hot exhaust gases coming out of it i would not really worry but when almost 3000lbs is resting on the product i am reluctant to go with them. For $150 you could buy tein's, skunk2's, nuespeed's etc.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
i don't trust any spring maker that cannot build a spring to fit a specific car without putting a ton of dead coils in it.

but, then, i'm a pretty picky suspension guy.

·
Back 2 Hackin
4,375 Posts
Im not to big on suspensions, esp when it comes to a spring. As long as it has a desired spring rate that you want, I dont see much of making a big deal about where it comes from.

Its just a spring, its not like its going to explode on you. As long as it has the desired spring rate when you get it from the manufacture, you should have an issue?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
alright thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Im not to big on suspensions, esp when it comes to a spring. As long as it has a desired spring rate that you want, I dont see much of making a big deal about where it comes from.

Its just a spring, its not like its going to explode on you. As long as it has the desired spring rate when you get it from the manufacture, you should have an issue?
Actually with something like this you really do want to care about what kind of material you are using. The metal being used on products like Megan are much cheaper than those of real companies. The metal in springs endure so much stress compared to any other metal on the car. I would be very wary about putting them on my car. They may not explode but they certainly will wear out much faster and become a very bouncy ride much quicker.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I sell megan racing at my shop, never had any problems or complaints about theyre stuff!!! Im running Megan Header and Downpipe, Megan Catback, Megan Full Coilovers (which are made by the same company as Apex'i FYI) and i am VERY satisfied!!! Had a downpipe that snapped when i bottomed out, they sent me a brand new one free of charge!!! So yea i wouldnt hesitate to say that they make good stuff!

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
a friend of mine had the megan coil overs on his 240 and he drifts it all of the time with no issues.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I like Megan products.

I ran a megan header for 4-5 months with regular nitrous use.
Everything held up as it should and fitment was spot on point.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts