Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night i jumped the r reg prelude first time instantly from a freind , tonight after trying it again it wouldnt start , i think the leads may have been put on incorrectly and possibly damaged a fuse or ecu , does anyone know anything about this situation , thankyou in advance.
ps car has been off the road for a while but is in great condition

·
Vrooom PSHHHH
6,486 Posts
Which wires did you jump? 99.9% sure you popped a fuse. Check your engine bay fuses first since those are the main engine control fuses

·
Bearderator
8,521 Posts
If I'm thinking of this properly, then yes definitely check the fuses. If you crossed the leads between batteries you'd end up with them wired in series, and technically double the voltage output from ~12v to ~24v. I'm not sure if the amps would go up or not as that technically creates a very complex circuit with both cars electrical systems being intertwined as such. Did anything happen to the other car in this battery jump failure?

Did your dash lights come on when the jumper wires were connected properly?

This is actually a very important question in this situation. If the dash/accessory lights are coming on when the battery is jumped, it may not be the battery! Does the starter make any noise? If so, what does it sound like? Be very specific!

·
RHD Pimpin
10,155 Posts
there's a 100A fuse under the hood which is for the battery. I bet you blew that fuse, so you're going to need to get another one. Not sure if any auto parts store sell this that will fit, so you may just need to go to a local salvage yard and grab one off another Honda or go to the stealership

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
^ Bingo.

People were referring to it as a main relay when I did this on my 3g, I imagine it's pretty similar on the 5th gen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.