Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
That's a nice "slight" dent over the right rear wheel there, otherwise that thing is clean. You could probably get it cheap. Nice find though.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
wouldn't it be kind of weird owning the same exact exact car? but hey if you do buy it you would be the Si states whore. more power to you.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
wouldn't it be kind of weird owning the same exact exact car? but hey if you do buy it you would be the Si states whore. more power to you.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
The JDM b21A is still FRM just like the US ones

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Yes i actually have a JDM b21A and i have taken it apart and it IS FRM!! If you think about it why would honda have differed the 2? One of the main reasons honda did FRM on the b21 is because they needed a strong material to hold upto the thinner cylinder walls associated with the b21's bigger bore size (83mm) b20a is 81mm so ya... kthxbai...

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
b20luda said:
Yes i actually have a JDM b21A and i have taken it apart and it IS FRM!! If you think about it why would honda have differed the 2? One of the main reasons honda did FRM on the b21 is because they needed a strong material to hold upto the thinner cylinder walls associated with the b21's bigger bore size (83mm) b20a is 81mm so ya... kthxbai...
Well that's troubling info for me....
I just got the engine, and it didn't blow any smoke at all plus all that I have read on here. I was going to slap on a junkyard turbo kit on it along with my ludespeed mani + dp.
Fuck.

·
JDM fo lyf y0
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
b20luda said:

Then why do so many people believe the b21a has no frm, and why dont they blow smoke after way more km's than a b21a1? :Rock:

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
i think its just rummored that way and everyone wants to believe that...FRM is actually stronger than the b20a's cylinder wall construction...its just FRM limits the types of pistons/rings u can use and for some reason honda didnt get the ring type right or something as this is the only motor i really see that has this smoking problem all the other FRM motors they dont smoke like this one...they do use oil dont get me wrong but u cant see it... I had my US spec b21a1 sleeved for 300 bucks at my local machine shop i havent had one problem ( im 83.5mm bore) the sleeves i used are a high nickel cast iron....i will snap a few pics for ya guys if someone is willing to host them...

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
You can upload them to your Prelude Power Garage, or use a image hosting site such as www.imageshack.us
I'd be very interested in seeing them.
My local machine shop wants $2400 Canadian to re-sleave....:(
For that price, might as well send the block to Darton or Golden Eagle.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts