Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 prelude with h22a euro r swap .need help! I’m no wiz with wiring . I’m trying to find the best way to go about getting it up and running .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve gott the motor in the car everything besides wiring is together . Not running power steering not running ac,also got p28 chipped sst for now until I can find a good deal on a v3 Hondata. Before going to the euro r I had a USDM model h22a4 that atleast cranked in the car before but being this new motor has crank signals and such in dizzy I tried going to Ryewire and get they’re conversion harness so I could run my hybrid ass kinda hack job of a wiring harness things were soldered in places and all that to get my oem chassis plugs to work with the a4 motor . That harness I’m speaking of though now is all cut and I don’t even want to use that harness I want to go with something a lot cleaner and better . And I know of some wiring peoples like Ryewire or woreworx but nothing else . Plus I have questions on how a new harness from them goes into and plugs with the inside of my car . When my old inside harness is . I think I already know the answer . And it’s to just go through Ryewire. But what’s the best possible route? In your personal opinion . What steps should I take to have a fully reliable streetable daily that maybe I could run down a track now and again . Thanks Sean

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh and I have a question about this orange plug that is by the shock tower as well and it pins to the ecu and it have two wires coming from it . One of those wires isn’t pinned and I have no clue where it goes

·
Premium Member
16,601 Posts
Rywire does not really support this chassis. But since you purchased their harness then you should call them.
MustardCat did purchase a Rywire and made it work so he is the better person to ask about getting his setup running.
He has a build thread in the build section where you can read through his swap to help you get more clarity and ask him for advise in his thread.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any orange plug would be for abs unit. All I did was take my stock harness and the H harness and graft them together most all wires are the same color code. Your A4 engine has the crank trigger on the crank so those wires would be ran to the old dizzy wires on the b20 harness.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Unless I re solder my original plugs back to my hybrid b21 harness it’s not gonna be an option I just don’tdidnt have luck with the crank sensor stuff for my euro r my a4 atleast cranked in the car . I’m just not a wiring guy so I’m kinda stuck . I’m thinking on just going with an alternative and getting a harness made. I know of two options but what are any others if any ? I just want my lude on the street ! Appreciate any more info if you got the time to help . Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm very familiar with the 3gp and the H22A I wired mine in a couple hours when I did it in 2006 all the wire colors are about the same for a 90/91 lude vs H22A 92/98 if you have a A4 engine you need a OBD1 H22A or H22A1 dizzy and just forget about the crank trigger wires on the side of your timing cover. If you have a stock b21 harness you can just match up wire colors on the harness to the H dizzy you should have 7 wires on big plug and 2 wires on small plug. Small plug is your coil just run big wire BLK w blue stripe or BLK w yelo and small solid blue to 2 prong on dizzy from old coil on strut tower and the 7 prong plug just match up wire color from old b21 dizzy and cam sensor in front of old dizzy to H dizzy wires.

·
Memento Mori
7,485 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a stock b21 harness but have been looking into getting Ryewire or something else because I can’t seem to get h harness that’s integrated with my b21 harness to crank my euro r. Like you said with the dizzy because no crank sensor in jdm . I have to solder some stuff back to my hybrid harness then I’ll try and take pictures and post for you guys to see . I appreciate all the help man . I will def look into the wiring for Ryewire harness if I end up going that route . For now though gonna try and wire to the best of ability’s and post my progress and get some confirmation before so I don’t hook it up and destroy stuff. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts