Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"97 prelude my back lights went out and dash lights knowing that I this has happened before it’s one of the wires going to a plug that plugs into fuse box I’m in need of that wiring harness the wire is coming out of the plug please help. That a pic I took from a video but that’s the harness that I’m talking about

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know the exact wire harness your talking about I have same issue brake light n dash but in my case one of the wires from harness burned, even hit fuse connector only for that single wire but still can anyone clarify on this? I'll include more pics if need be. I dont need this fixed rn I'm getting it on road first before stressing on making it legal but it's still something I will need to address!
It's the red & black wire that is causing issue
20200523_050654.jpg
20200523_050852.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Best thing I would say to do, find you pull it or any junk yards around your areas. Contact the ones that aren't you pull it, ask if they have any preludes. Ask them if you can bring in pictures and show a person the location of the harness and fuse blocks. Ask for a price. Get both the block and harness. Atleast the wiring you need. If need be depin the good from the bad on both and make one good. I say get the fuse block too only because there's something either in the block of in the line, or even in the tail lights end that's causing it to short, ground out draw too much amperage, something is not right. And sometimes just replacing the entire section from block back is best. That way there's no tracing wires. Testing for countless hours etc etc. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Best thing I would say to do, find you pull it or any junk yards around your areas. Contact the ones that aren't you pull it, ask if they have any preludes. Ask them if you can bring in pictures and show a person the location of the harness and fuse blocks. Ask for a price. Get both the block and harness. Atleast the wiring you need. If need be depin the good from the bad on both and make one good. I say get the fuse block too only because there's something either in the block of in the line, or even in the tail lights end that's causing it to short, ground out draw too much amperage, something is not right. And sometimes just replacing the entire section from block back is best. That way there's no tracing wires. Testing for countless hours etc etc. Just my opinion though.
Do u mean him or me? in a newbie to this if I should be starting my own thread just tell my clueless ass when it comes to forums. I already figured I'll have to replace fuse block and harness but have a stupid question u cant safely use an empty fuse to rig the specific wire to work temporarily so if it burns again I know it's a secondary issue n didnt waist as much time & money finding that out

Also is this a comman issue on ludes that is self contained, bc I feel a bad front light conversion to HID, led strip, or audio wiring from last owner could've caused this? I plan on taking those rigs all stock first as to not risk burning wire again. I only feel safe redoing audio, fuck rigging LEDs or HID not worth it in my mind 👌

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe that this is the harness it connects to the light switch on the column

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts