Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I pulled out the wire harnesses for the front of the car and want to make sure everythings labeled right and some I don't know. When I got the car... as for the lights... only one headlight was hooked up... and other things either not hooked up or I forgot to label. Then some that I just looked up in a online manual. And I kinda wanna know that since i'm taking out stuff like A/C and P/S on this car... can i pull those wires out when I rewrap them in tubing? Same for those relays?

Driver Side

My quesses for those not labeled are
1. Headlight
2. Radiator Fan
3. Turn Signal
4. Turn Signal
5. Fog
6. Headlight / Box for Grounds under Connector
7. Corner
8. Intermittent Whiper Relay
9. from a manual the throttle angle sensor is next to MAP... but i'm not sure... this one was connected to something right next to the MAP.

Passenger Side

Guesses
1. Radiator Fan
2. Turn Signal
3. Turn Signal
4. Fog
5. Headlight
6. Corner
7. Box for grounds

hope guys can see the numbers fine...
probably if you guys saw the actually connectors up closer prob help more huh... if so i can get them up... just let me know. help very appreciated.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
uh, the map sensor plug shouldnt be on either of those harnesses, it should be on the main engine harness. not sure what the one you have labelled as that is actually for though, and no clue on the rest, sorry. just wanted to point that one thing out

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ok well then what about sensor assy, map? cause thats what the thing that it was connected to said...
and it goes exactly to where a diagram in one the online manuals shows the "MAP Sensor"... right behind the intake manifold

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
uh, the map sensor plug shouldnt be on either of those harnesses, it should be on the main engine harness. not sure what the one you have labelled as that is actually for though, and no clue on the rest, sorry. just wanted to point that one thing out

I am actually pretty sure that the map sensor is indeed on the headlight harness. I am going to go look at my helms for you and i'll post up the answers. I did this once already and have to do it again soon. :Oo:

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
DRIVER SIDE

You are correct, those that is the map plug, the master cylinder plug, and that box you do not know #8 is the intermittent whiper relay so leave that alone.

You have all those A/C boxes correctly labelled as well. You can get rid of those if you are gutting a/c. Follow the wires back to the main pinout and use a small tool to pop the wires out.

Your abs and egr are correctly labelled as well. The abs is a abs wheel sensor, but you don't need it if you are gutting abs.

#7 is your parking light so leave that alone. The wire beside it is correct, that is the washer motor.

#6 is a grounding box DO NOT remove that otherwise you will have some serious problems. At least your picture looks like the grounding box (please take a close up shot) and the diagrams match where it is on the harness.

#3-4 are your signal lights but double check in person to make sure they are indeed because #5 might be a signal light. If #3-4 are indeed signals then #5 is a fog light and can be removed. Just manually check that 3-4 are signal lights and plug into the signals because these diagrams in the Helms are not the easiest to read.

#1-2 are your high beams and your low beams. Once again, check to make sure they plug into the headlights.

PASSANGER SIDE

#6 is your parking light
#7 is your ground box

#5 seems like it would be the low beam (diagram looks different from your harness with that connection) Manually check it to make sure.

#1 is the radiator fan

#2-3-4 are once again signals and an optional fog light. Manually check which ones are the signal lights and then remove the left over plug which will be a fog light.

Then your other plugs are A/C and your horns which you have correctly labelled. Once again follow the wire to the pin box and remove the pin.

Hope that helps. Cough* cough* i accept reps.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
ya well actually #6 connector is right over the box... but are each fan on different harnesses? cause 6 on driver side is a white connector like #5 on the passenger side.

#1 on driver side(said was a headlight) is the same connector as #2 on passenger side
and you get #9 by chance for driver side?

oh and if i plan on getting the usdm or perferably the jdm fogs eventually... ill want to keep it on there right

oh and i've also seen and been told that if i get my ECU chipped i can get rid of the EGR? if thats right... ill be able to pull that wire to?

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
yah if you want fogs in the future leave those alone.

in regards to #6 if that is sitting ontop of the box then that is most likely the a/c plug that i could not find. i seriously will need a close up shot to be 100% sure. I don't want to be the cause of your wiring failing lol.

"#1 on driver side(said was a headlight) is the same connector as #2 on passenger side
and you get #9 by chance for driver side?"

You need to re-write that, i don't understand.

#9 i missed but do not cut it off. Just plug it back in whereever it came from when you reinstall.

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Those are both headlight connectors for 1-2. That second picture is the low beam connector. Like i said, just to double check (even though i am 99.9% sure i am correct) i dont' want to be responsible for fucking your car up.

Just grab a headlight and see if the last connector fits to your lowbeams. It should.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those are both headlight connectors for 1-2. That second picture is the low beam connector. Like i said, just to double check (even though i am 99.9% sure i am correct) i dont' want to be responsible for fucking your car up.

Just grab a headlight and see if the last connector fits to your lowbeams. It should.

lol oh man im confused now... so what does that first pic go to? cause the bulb i just pulled out does fit in the white connector...

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Lol ok nvm think got it now... top pic is for radiator fans. just ran the wires out to the garage and tried that top pic connector to the radiator fan and it fits

ok now i'm pretty sure the list is complete and right

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Sounds good. Hopefully everything works out correctly. I do have a suggestion though. Just incase you pull a connector you were not suppose to, do not cut the wire and make sure you remove it correctly. Afterwards, just put it aside some where, take a picture of the pinout and write down on a piece of paper which pin the wire goes to. That way if you do have any issues you can re-install the wire and connector in the correct pin and go from there. :D

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yup thanks for the help and already planned on it... i've already taken pics with the phone of plenty of other things. ive even written beside holes in the engine bay that i can get rid of when i clean up... like p/s and a/c holes... lol.

and if a mod wants they can close the thread cause no more info is needed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts