Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
fuck, at 1800, thats not a beater. i'm thinking more like 500-600, 1500 max.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fuck, at 1800, thats not a beater. i'm thinking more like 500-600, 1500 max.

well i want a winter beater to last a few winters lol i offered 1400 for it.... blue book value is 2500 though even with that high km

·
NOMnomNOM
3,270 Posts
honestly. that's in too good of shape to be a winter beater. go buy a Suzuki sidekick or something. they are 4wd and VERY good in the snow. they are also cheap and very reliable (i have a 1996 sport, very diff from norm sidekick, but its probably more reliable than a Honda) and its quite comfy to drive in...plus 25mpg.. to me a winter beater should be something 4wd.. screw fwd..

that's my.02

i got mine for free from my grandparents, otherwise i prob never would have bought a Suzuki.. but if you ever thought about it, i highly recommend them.

good luck.

Kyle.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i want to stick to a honda if i can, i'm getting good on working on them from this time era and when i mean beater its just a car a will drive during the winter in a city lol, i'm a good driver do i really dont need awd, plus a winter beater to me is a cheap relibale car... what beter then a honda:D

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
o and i need a car within a week...... lol cause my lude in in parts and in storage lol

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i got the guy down to 1700 going to go check it out tomorrow, at 1700 i can get the car on the road for less then 2k which is my goal.... now i gotta talk to daddy or mommy to see if they will put it in there name for me lol sucks not being 25 lol

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
I rock an 88 dodge dakota that I paid 500$ for, I hate dodge, and it is a piece of shit, but other than the fact that it has a crazy exhaust leak, and it gets like 10mpg, it starts every time, and I have never had a problem with it... Beater = <1000$... Get something cheap

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
female driven = curbed wheels and roasted clutch... ha once again, sorry to the ladies out there

its auto.... and you guys gotta rember where talking candaian dollars, and we have to go through a lot of shit to get used cars on the road exhaust leaks means that would have to be fixed before i could use it..... like i said a winter beater for me is under 2k, the newer tranny is fine for me because with 300k km on the car i'm sure the tranny would have had to been replaces

welll going to go look at it tonight ti see how it really is:D

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
went to see it today and yess its in great shape all it has is the common Honda rust spots and thats it:D hopefully in a couple days this will be mine:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts