Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying hello. I'm fairly new to the site and this is my first post. (even though i've been reading the forums for a little more than a month now)

I need a little help though. I've got almost all of the bodywork finished and about ready to prep the car to be painted (which I plan on doing when it warms up or I can get into my buddies heated paint booth in the next few weeks).

The problem I'm having is I can't figure out how to remove the trim around the front windshield. I'm not terribly worried if I tear it up when I remove it becasue after i'm finished painting the car its going to the glass place and having a new window and trim molding installed.

Can anyone tell me how this peice comes off?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I talked to a buddy of mine that works for a glass company last night and he told me that if the windshild has ever been replaced before they probably got the adhesive from the windshield install all over the molding and you wont get it off without removing the windshild. I simply ran a razor blade through it and cut the overlaping lip that hangs over the body panels off and that will do what I need so I can get the car painted next weekend.

Thank you for you help and maybe this will help someone else if they run into the same problem. I tryed searching before I posted and came up with nothing.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
good luck removing bro because mostlikely you will crack your windshield, trust me on this i try to ask alot of people to do my windshield and they all told me that the wont guarrantee if the winsheild crak during the process

1 - 5 of 5 Posts