Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the 4th gen preludes ever come with factory tint on the door windows? Reason I am asking is I live in BC, Canada where any tint on the door windows is not legal. Except for one exception:smile:, If the windows were to be factory tinted I can get away with it. Thanks for your guys help ahead of time.

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Did the 4th gen preludes ever come with factory tint on the door windows? Reason I am asking is I live in BC, Canada where any tint on the door windows is not legal. Except for one exception:smile:, If the windows were to be factory tinted I can get away with it. Thanks for your guys help ahead of time.
It's like that in most states here. If someone in your family has a skin condition, that can be another write off. But no, I don't think it came with a factory tint. Just that reflective finish.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Wish that worked in Illinois. Even if the car came with factory tints they have to be removed in the front drivers and passenger side. They won't even accept doctor notes for any reason. Then again Illinois has some of the highest sales tax, two plate state, tollways, no modification to the exhaust system which makes the car sound louder law and now a corrupt governor :mad2:

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I think factory window tint refers to the rear windows on mini-vans and SUVs. As far as I know, no US cars come with front window tints from the factory. I could be wrong though..

·
Registered
575 Posts
what if you car is not tinted what if it is acual privacy glass. Would they make you change out your glass. All my windows in my jeep including the front have privacy glass. I think there are alot of state laws that are bullshit. Just a reason for them to make money off of us.

·
Prelude Tech Kid
606 Posts
My 92 Mazda 929 has factory tint's on it and I know some Lexus' come with them too.

For the US guys, here's a list of whats legal/illegal for your state..

http://www.tintlaws.com/

·
Registered
341 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Wish that worked in Illinois. Even if the car came with factory tints they have to be removed in the front drivers and passenger side. They won't even accept doctor notes for any reason. Then again Illinois has some of the highest sales tax, two plate state, tollways, no modification to the exhaust system which makes the car sound louder law and now a corrupt governor :mad2:
HAHAHAHAHA! My CRP 300zx TT has window tints, high flow cat, HKS hyper exhaust, and no front plate because Nissan did make a mounting bracket. I have had no issue with the Z.

Exept my old civic I got pulled over in south elgin for no plate becuase the bolts snaped inside the bumper. I HATE ELGIN PD :mad2:. Bastards should be looking for all the millions of dollars of drugs sold there and all the stealing that goes on.

OH AND I LOVE THE 95 or LESS AND NO EMISSION TESTING WOOOT!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
^^^Don't get me wrong, I have tints on all 4 windows, and have had 2 pretty loud exhaust set ups in the past including running a test pipe. Just got tired of all the warning tickets and eventually actual tickets lol. I've kept my tints because it's a such a B.S. law and makes my car look 10x better. I've since gone back to a quiet stock looking muffler though.

A friend, who's a cop, told me the reason behind it is some cops have been shot while pulling someone over because they weren't able to see the driver reach for the gun.

Okay...so what's stopping the passengers in the back from shooting him? :jehon:

·
Registered
115 Posts
^^^Don't get me wrong, I have tints on all 4 windows, and have had 2 pretty loud exhaust set ups in the past including running a test pipe. Just got tired of all the warning tickets and eventually actual tickets lol. I've kept my tints because it's a such a B.S. law and makes my car look 10x better. I've since gone back to a quiet stock looking muffler though.

A friend, who's a cop, told me the reason behind it is some cops have been shot while pulling someone over because they weren't able to see the driver reach for the gun.

Okay...so what's stopping the passengers in the back from shooting him? :jehon:
exactly!

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have tint on my back window.
And its like blurry.
When i look out the back and peoples lights are on its blurry.

How much does a tint job run for?

·
Registered
493 Posts
I live in BC too. you can tint only the rear windows and the rear windshield. i had to rip the tint from the front windows of my moms car because we got it imported from calgary.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have tint on my back window.
And its like blurry.
When i look out the back and peoples lights are on its blurry.

How much does a tint job run for?

Most shops will charge you a lot. It's best to find someone who does tints as a side jobs. I got mine done by someone who works at a shop but does side jobs for $120 front windows, rear, and rear windshield 20% with lifetime warranty.

Shops in my area quoted $200 for the rear windshield and rear little quarter windows. Front is "illegal" but they'd to them for another $150 so ~$350. Every quote was around $250-400 plus they'd want the car to be dropped off in the morning and picked up at the end of the day. This guy did it in an hour in my garage :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Most shops will charge you a lot. It's best to find someone who does tints as a side jobs. I got mine done by someone who works at a shop but does side jobs for $120 front windows, rear, and rear windshield 20% with lifetime warranty.

Shops in my area quoted $200 for the rear windshield and rear little quarter windows. Front is "illegal" but they'd to them for another $150 so ~$350. Every quote was around $250-400 plus they'd want the car to be dropped off in the morning and picked up at the end of the day. This guy did it in an hour in my garage :mrgreen:
Damn what rape prices. You can get all your windows done including the windshield in any of the five boroughs for $100 with lifetime warranty, removal. Well I don't really know about S.I. that's practically Jerz.

My tint is way too dark and never get problems from the cops. Even got pulled over and nothing said to me. Good ol' Memphis cops.

Lucky you, NY and CA have the toughest vehicle laws in the country.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I had all 6 windows done at a shop in Springfield, MO for $150 w/ lifetime warranty. 20% on the back 3 and 35% on the front 3...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Damn what rape prices. You can get all your windows done including the windshield in any of the five boroughs for $100 with lifetime warranty, removal. Well I don't really know about S.I. that's practically Jerz.

Lucky you, NY and CA have the toughest vehicle laws in the country.
Well Memphis blows balls, so I would rather live in NY or CA and not have my windows tinted then live here. So lucky you.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
no, honda did not offer glass with factory shade (tho some of the glass is a little colored)

and that tint laws web site is incorrect, at least for my state.

we've NEVER had a 25% law in this state, 35% and 20% at first, then it switched to 35%.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts