Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a SH that i bought with a junk engine (rod through cylinderwall) I might possibly be buying this long block setup. The serial # is 1007808 and the VC is Red. Now im totally lost. from what it appears the serial # is stating the block is from like 1991 i think. i dunno ive literally been searching for a couple hours now, and have read about 1.5 million post most of which are from Kronn lol.... the dude hasnt sent me the pic of the head stamp nor the back of the block yet. i just want to fix and flip this SH or just sell it as a Shell w/o eng n trans.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
If the red top has transmission code t2w4 that is a block for the LSD transmission. You do not want that. If the tranny says something other then t2w4 that will be the atts block

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
Look at the oil filter on the block you want to use. If its located directly in the center on the back of the block it's a non-sh block.

If its more towards the timing side of the block it's for an sh.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
also vertical vin plate will give you more clues.... still waiting on more pics
Yeah I was gonna say get a pic of the vin plate. The vin plate is not vertical though. I recall it being horizontal, located on the backside of the block, upper left area of the engine. If the motor is in the car your best bet is getting it from underneath the car

I think the vertical vin plate your are thinking of is the one thats on the trans bell housing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts