Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Only if your Prelude is 99+. 99+ models have a different harness than than pre-99 Hondas.
harness adapters are like 5-10 bucks at your local bestbuy

edit: does that headunit support the AFBS? I know there are a few aftermarket decks that support it but i guess it would make more sense that an oem deck would too. One reason why the stock sound system sound so great is this little feature. At least imo.

·
Registered
330 Posts

edit: does that headunit support the AFBS? I know there are a few aftermarket decks that support it but i guess it would make more sense that an oem deck would too. One reason why the stock sound system sound so great is this little feature. At least imo.
No. Not the adaptor harness. The radio the OP is interested in is an OEM unit. It has a female plug which requires the stock harness to fit. And the link list that the radio is from an 01-02 Accord.

·
Registered
682 Posts
yeah they make one that is the female for the newer style that you can splice into the male one for the 97,98 plug and play still :)

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
No. Not the adaptor harness. The radio the OP is interested in is an OEM unit. It has a female plug which requires the stock harness to fit. And the link list that the radio is from an 01-02 Accord.
yeah i know, they make adapters that go from the older harness to the newer oem adapter. if not, you can always just splice the wires to the proper plug. it's oem so it shouldn't much harder than matching colors. just look up the color codes on the manual to be sure.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts

Are you referring to the rear speakers of the prelude? The cd player has nothing to do with this b/c the microphones in the rear speakers, along with the amp, monitor everything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts