·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
Dont alpine include spacers?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so what speakers fit into this car? Its gettin ridiculous. I need a set of components for the front and some quality ones for the back as well. Not too pricey but decent, no pioneer and below, looking at sony and above. Let me know what will fit and if i neeed spacers, what does that mean? Im not familiar with any of this stuff.
thanks
steve

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
^^ I hope that's what he meant, or his ears are way screwed up.

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Did I miss what year Prelude you have?

The 6.5's won't fit a 3rd gen without hacking the metal in the doors. They also won't fit the 5th gen either - too shallow and too tight. 4th gen? Not too sure.

The 5.25's should fit with spacers in just about any Prelude. If you must get a 6.5, then get a shallow mount speaker like a Boston Acoustics or whatever.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
how come nobody told me 6.5's would be so hard to make fit before I went to the trouble of making them fit? Both ludes... lol... my old 3g and my 5th gen.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Actually you can fit some 6.5 in the 4th gen doors with out any mods to the door panel.....I used to have a 93si and I put some MTX 6.5 components in the doors. I just had to ad 2 one inch spacers....and I still had the use of the factory grill. So if you have a 4th gen...there you go. But yes in a 3rd or 5th there will be some mods needed to make them work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts