Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wats ^ pplz!

So I want to put 18s on my 99 prelude type sh. question is can i? Will the wheel base fit and will it not rub? anyone fit 18's on theres? and the tires would be 225/40 ZR the rims are 18"X8.5" would they fit on my ride? fyi my prelude is not lowered. Please give me all the info u can, thank u!

DC

·
Registered
175 Posts
8.5 is a little to wide. do you know the offset? either way u prob will rub, def modifactions will need to be done...so if your looking for a wheel to just slap on and ride that wheel is not for you

·
Registered
209 Posts
Wats ^ pplz!

So I want to put 18s on my 99 prelude type sh. question is can i? Will the wheel base fit and will it not rub? anyone fit 18's on theres? and the tires would be 225/40 ZR the rims are 18"X8.5" would they fit on my ride? fyi my prelude is not lowered. Please give me all the info u can, thank u!

DC
Yes,Yes,And Yes. I have Enkie Milano 18's wrapped in 195/35/zr18s and they are fine. I wish I would have went with 40s though. They came off of a Mustang GT and they are 8.5s. See my pics man. They don't rub lock to lock,they only rub if you don't turn at an angle when you go up an incline,like a driveway. But hell,my stocks do that. Btw, my 18's are for sale if anyone is looking. Im riding stock now. It was a love hate relationship with 18's though. Awesome direct handeling,great traction,SHITY SHITY ride lol. Anyway, I think you would be ok with 40's on it. Put it this way, I put my stock 16's with 195/50/16's next to the 18's with 35's and they 16's were like 2 inch's taller. just letting you know

·
Registered
136 Posts
Wats ^ pplz!

DC
The offset of this wheels play a big factor in fitment. Imo, 18x8.5 + 225/40 are just too wide for Prelude and will rub. Also, if your car is lower I can assure you that it will rub.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I've have some 17x7.5 konig prophet with 45 series tires. Took it off my camry and putted on the lude and its already rubbing.. (plus my lude is not even lower)

the width on those 18s is pretty wide for the lude...i suggest getting 18x7 with 35 series tires or 17x7 with 215/40/17 tires for accurate miles.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
yeah i ran 18's for awhile, i loved em cuse i didnt run the car hard. they are in my sig

1 - 11 of 11 Posts