Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone recommend a good wideband? i want somethng that will mount in the car with a clean install. i don't want to have to hack anything up to get it in there. i really need a wideband because my car has become a non-stop tuning project. i'd prefer something that will sit on top of the plastic piece that connects to the steering wheel (in front of the cluster).

i'm looking to spend around $300.

anyone have any experience?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
AEM UEGO

AEM’s Wideband UEGO Controller is also available in a gauge that includes a single-channel analog output with a Bosch O2 sensor in one unit!

AEM’s Gauge-Type Wideband UEGO Controller features an LED readout and sweeping LED “needle” that changes colors as AFR changes from rich to lean. The unit’s 52mm (2-1/16”) gauge housing fits in most gauge pods and can be remotely mounted virtually anywhere. No laptop required for monitoring!

Key Features:

Bosch sensor included!
24 Color-coded LED display lights provide immediate reference to engine’s air/fuel ratio (AFR) or Lambda
Integrated three-digit display reveals AFR or Lambda in real time
User-programmable 0-5v analog output included for use with data loggers and ANY engine management system
Ideal AFR monitoring tool for carbureted applications and engine dynamometers
Does not oscillate AFR like narrow band sensors
Serial data stream included for output of AFR (RS 232)
Accurate to 0.1 AFR

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn, that's nice. i don't really think i need to look anymore. how could i mount that if i only have 1 gauge though? do they make gauge pods with room for just 1 gauge?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
converge said:
damn, that's nice. i don't really think i need to look anymore. how could i mount that if i only have 1 gauge though? do they make gauge pods with room for just 1 gauge?
Yes....

What gen lude?

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Yeah, I got one. It the best bang for the buck. The replacement sensor costs about $60-$75. That seems to be the hidden issue with widebands, cost of the replacement sensor. That's the first thing anyone should look at.
A sensor like the old ntk can cost something $200-400 to replace.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.