Honda Prelude Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay im just asking, has anyone put their turbo under the car? Like were the catalic conv is cuz i've seen lots of others cars do that but haven't seen anyone do it here. I think it would be cheaper and easy dont u guys think. stop talking about my writing im still going to English classes okay. I think that would be good if ur trying to hide it from the cops, my friend did that to a mustang cobra put the under the engine not on the side.

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
it has to do with efficiency IIRC.

its just not worth it on a small 4 banger.

trucks and v8 are fine thow (but i would never put on there on my truck)

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Whats up man? you english is fine.. just use punctioation, and people will get what you mean.

Remote Mounting is possible, and cool, but not practical. thats why you dont ever really see it.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
lowproki said:
Ohhh b/c I have seen them in a S2000 and a twin turbo RX-7. And i would like to turbo my car like by the end of these year, but still looking to what to get i only want 7 psi but want my engine to last. I also don't want cops to see it or they will take it away u now cali's laws are gay.
I am still mounting my traditional style and I live in Cali. Just don't attract attention (peeling out, revving to hear your BOV, etc..). And all you get is a fix it ticket. Take it off, ref it, pay 10 bucks, put it back on, and be happy again.

Mounting it under the car isn't very efficient. We don't have much room underneat our cars, and if you are dropped, I don't think you want to have to worry about banging your turbo on a bump or something. Turbo's get expensive.

It's safer and more efficient in the engine bay.

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts
don't change the topic.
there's TONS of threads that tell you what you need, including one in the Forced Induction forum, asking specifically about 7psi on a 3g.

as for the rear mounted turbos?

there ARE people using that setup on fwd cars, such as the teg on ststurbosystems.com (i think that their site)

there's really not that much room where you're thinking, and routing tubing in 2 directions (to the turbo, from the turbo) through the relatively tight quarters under the 3rd gen?
not gonna happen.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,788 Posts
lowproki said:
so now that these thread is open, what kind of things do i need for a 7 psi turbo?, and for my engine to last?, how long would it last with stock internals?.
Ok, now you need to go to the Forced Induction Forum and read this stick:

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237728

You will find everything you need to know to get started on your way to Boosting!!:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.