Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for one of these for a while. I don't mean a gauge on the bottle, but one that would be inside the cabin. Also, how would that work? Would it be an electrical signal or a mechanical signal? Hopefully not mechanical because that would be scary as shit lol.

·
Back 2 Hackin
4,375 Posts
IDK but I put an oil pressure gauge on my bottle thinking the same thing and it exploded. LOL shop owner was pissed off.

Typical oil pressure gauges are good up to 200 psi. For nitrous you will need about 900-1000 psi gauges.

I will keep an eye on this, because I want one of these too.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
also autometer makes n2o cabin guages
but there kinda played out...but perty much everything autometer makes that
is expensive is good lol

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would prefer to have a gauge. Some cruise nights we will be driving for 1-2 hours straight, no stop bagging the cars. If I have nitrous running with no stopping, countless runs with different cars I will need to make sure the pressure is fine.

I figure having a gauge in the cabin is a good idea. I can monitor nitrous pressure, my fuel pressure, and a bottle heater. Those should help maintain pressure. Purge valve just to clear the lines every now and then.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
prudz lude has the right idea for a street car running nitrous maybe even from stop light too stop light...also maybe a remote bottle opener....

but for a racing purpose only car a more like mine....all i have is a guage right on the bottle and a heater...thats it,,,,,the more stuff i can keep out of the car the better lol...i dont even have a purge lol

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Lexan windows Ray, that is what you need to invest in :D

in time dont worry lol
but i will be cageing the car so the weight will go back up slightly

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
ya, it's electrical so i am sure that is where it comes from.
I am thinking about adding one to my dash also. Looking in the rear of the car is a pain everytime I want to see what my pressure is

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
in time dont worry lol
but i will be cageing the car so the weight will go back up slightly
Hey what kind of bottle warmer do you have? I had the orange nos one and the fucker burnt out on me just the other day. Now until I get a new one my nitrous is not gonna work right:( I was thinking about getting one of the nice black zex ones

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
i always read about allmost every heater taking a shit.....so i went the cheap way out ebay lol no name in a since,,, havent had a problem yet lol

·
Back 2 Hackin
4,375 Posts
Im not going to bother with an electrical gauge. Im going to get a bottle gauge. Electrical gauges are just too much $$$$.

Right now I have no gauge, and Im going to bet that the guy didnt fill it all the way.

I think that it takes like 2 and half minutes to empty a bottle.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts