Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if i can bore out my JDM throttle body and use it on my non jdm intake the one with and EGR on it will it change anything or will work funny
any help would be nice thanx
Aws Lude

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all i want to know is if i can use the jdm throttle body that is off the jdm intake
which is not the intake i am running,
i am running a the intake with the EGR only using this as a reference i know the egr has nothing to do with it
Basically all i want to know is if they r the same throttle body and r the intechangeable with each other
one i am running the other is off the car and i want to know if i get the jdm throttle bored and not have to worrie about it not fitting on the non jdm intake???????????

·
Registered
840 Posts
it will fit even though i do believe there is some diffrence between the b21a1 and the b20a5-jdmb20a manifolds.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
also look at the size of the vacuum line on the top center of the TB, the line that has the red fabric crap on the outside of the line. the tube part that the line connects to, the part that is part of the TB are different sizes between the b20 and b21 TB's. i have one of each sitting next to me, and the b21 TB has a larger line then the b20 TB, by quite a bit too.

other than that one thing, i think everything else that matters is identical between all the TB's.

if the above confused you, im referring to the metal tube sticking out of the TB directly above the center of where the intake pipe connects. the b21 one is way thicker, and curved. the b20a5 one is way thinner and straight.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx for all the info i know exactaly what you r talking about so i guess it is all good

1 - 7 of 7 Posts