Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help me identify which sensor I'm missing, also what do all of these do?

Thanks.
Brandon

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
This is in the red F.A.Q. sticky under how my thermo cooling system works and I also have pics in my oddball tool thread.

I would have to look at those pics but if you have the right blue connector on the correct sensor it is you switch for condenser fan 108 degree Celsius. The single wire is your stock temp gauge. The one your missing is a gray connector for the ecu coolant sending unit. The connector is available on ebay for about $10 if you need a new one.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is in the red F.A.Q. sticky under how my thermo cooling system works and I also have pics in my oddball tool thread.

I would have to look at those pics but if you have the right blue connector on the correct sensor it is you switch for condenser fan 108 degree Celsius. The single wire is your stock temp gauge. The one your missing is a gray connector for the ecu coolant sending unit. The connector is available on ebay for about $10 if you need a new one.
Thank you!!

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
not sure what you mean by dead. The link worked for me. It wasn't under engine. I thought it would be. It is under common fixes a little further down. Here is the link:

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333212&highlight=temp+sensor+rock

EDIT: The two pics from oddball and large tool thread are rehosted on the thermo cooling thread. The pics of the different brand parts are gone from rockauto.com. The part numbers are still good and the parts will look the same except the connector color on the 108 switch and the color on the ecu coolant sending unit can vary from brand to brand but the shape should be the same or very close. All switches will be either stamped the Celsius rating like stock or a range of Fahrenheit with the Celsius temp falling in the middle of that range.

·
Registered
680 Posts

Not that it matters much, but the gray connector is dark yellow-tan on the 88-89 cars. Same connector, just different color.

EDIT:

What is with your thermostat housing? Where it bolts to the head it is not fully seated and the gasket is wrong. You should not be able to see any of the gasket as it is an o-ring. I also see you have a new head gasket, who replaced it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts