Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to place an order on the 95649A256 UHMW Polyethylene Flat Washer 3/4" Screw Size, 1.32" OD, .05"-.07" Thick, packs of 10 from mc master car website but they told me they “only sell to business and schools” I’ve boughten every thing else and am now stuck not being able to get these spacers I’ve read just about every thread in regards to this for months now and have had no luck in finding an alternative! Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tried to place an order on the 95649A256 UHMW Polyethylene Flat Washer 3/4" Screw Size, 1.32" OD, .05"-.07" Thick, packs of 10 from mc master car website but they told me they “only sell to business and schools” I’ve boughten every thing else and am now stuck not being able to get these spacers I’ve read just about every thread in regards to this for months now and have had no luck in finding an alternative! Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
That seems odd. I was an engineer for a machine tool manufacturer and ordered zillions of parts from them. After I retired 7 years ago, I still occasionally bought things from them although it may have been through my wife's art "business". The last time was probably about a year ago. That sucks, because they have everything! Maybe, try to just use a business name, Clarkee's Machine with your address and see what happens??? Good luck. Another possibility may be Grainger (similar supply house), Fastenal, or type "polyethylene washer" into Ebay or Amazon???

·
Registered
8 Posts
POBCO Plastics - Thrust Washers ??

Maybe you have a buddy that owns a body shop, machine shop, etc that may be able to order them for you. If all else fails, let me know, I'll check if I still have an account with them. I could order them, ship them to you, and you could then send me the $ somehow (mail me a check or whatever).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Worst case scenario, order some UHMWPE rod 1.375" diameter (roughly 12" long) and take it to a local machine shop to have them made. Wouldn't take a decent machinist with a lathe more than an hour to make.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for your response I'm going to try and install without that flat washer and if it works then awesome if it doesn't I'm going to try and get them to send it to my buddy's business

1 - 6 of 6 Posts