Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 88 prelude speedometer and temp gauges don't work (the odometer does) so I think its time to start looking for a new cluster because I can't seem to repair the speedo.

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Auto or manual? Fuel injected or carbureted? Pretty sure you can't get a new gauge cluster anymore. Junkyards, ebay, craigslist, car-part.com, and part-outs are your best bets. I have a used one from a fuel injected manual trans 88/89 car that I might be willing to part with.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Auto or manual? Fuel injected or carbureted? Pretty sure you can't get a new gauge cluster anymore. Junkyards, ebay, craigslist, car-part.com, and part-outs are your best bets. I have a used one from a fuel injected manual trans 88/89 car that I might be willing to part with.
Mines a carbureted manual.

·
Registered
71 Posts
how much man i have 2 ludes and the onei would use it for is a 88 fi manual

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
How much would you be willing to part with it for?
PM sent.

how much man i have 2 ludes and the onei would use it for is a 88 fi manual
I offered it to him first, so wait until he says if he wants it or not. It will work whether it's an 88 or 89, but the redline on the tack will be wrongfor a carbie lude.

·
Registered
71 Posts
PM sent.

I offered it to him first, so wait until he says if he wants it or not. It will work whether it's an 88 or 89, but the redline on the tack will be wrongfor a carbie lude.
I can respect that :p, u pull and pay has no ludes rightnow, should bought all the shit i could last time they had one

·
Registered
680 Posts
If anyone needs, the yard near me had one carbie cluster for an 89 5spd. They want 40.00 for it. So 40.00 + shipping and I will send it your way.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If anyone needs, the yard near me had one carbie cluster for an 89 5spd. They want 40.00 for it. So 40.00 + shipping and I will send it your way.
i need the fuel injected one, trying to finish up my 88, I've never even seen a carbie

·
Registered
680 Posts
they are the same except the tach relines at 6 or 6.5k, I believe the check engine picture is different, and some don't have the cruise control light.

I will see if I have an 88-89 pgmfi cluster, and/or keep a lookout in the yards. Auto or manual?

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
post #5 manual tranny

·
Registered
71 Posts
they are the same except the tach relines at 6 or 6.5k, I believe the check engine picture is different, and some don't have the cruise control light.

I will see if I have an 88-89 pgmfi cluster, and/or keep a lookout in the yards. Auto or manual?
the one i need it for is a 88 b21a1 manual FI, my area has been bone dry on ludes for months i feel

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
88 did not come with a b21a1. Only b20a5 or b20a3 usdm. If you have a b21a1 it does not matter because it was probably fuel injected b20a5 originally.

·
Registered
71 Posts
88 did not come with a b21a1. Only b20a5 or b20a3 usdm. If you have a b21a1 it does not matter because it was probably fuel injected b20a5 originally.
probably but its definitely a b21a1 in there, I originally bought it for parts because the guy i got it from said it was a blown hg and it was just a bypass hose

1 - 20 of 33 Posts