Honda Prelude Forum banner

Wheel Hub

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Kabuki 
#1 ·
Ok guys I've searched and looked over a bunch of places but where else do they talk about 3rd gens but here?

So I have roughly 2 questions.

1) Are the wheel hubs for the 88-89 the same with 90-91?
2) Are the wheel hubs from say a 4th Gen Prelude, 5th Gen prelude, 90-93 Accord, etc. swapable?

My concern is with my H22 swap. I'm having full custom axles built and the first thing that any company will say after 400hp is a hub change. When they speak of a hub change they're referring to changing from the stock 26 spline hub to the beefier Accord/Prelude hub with 28 splines. Apparently this is a really common thing for Integra owners. If I can swap another car's hub into mine it'll save me oodles and oodles of money so I was wondering if anyone has had experience with these I can borrow or if I have another thing to experiment with! Thanks in advance guys.

#3 ·
You may in fact be able to use a different hub, but you'll probably find that any of the that will give you the strength you want will also require a different lug pattern. You are probably looking at going 5 lug, from something like the ITR. The wheel bearing may be able to be swapped out for one with a larger inside diameter, to accomadate a different hub, or you may just want to do different knuckles all together. You'll need to measure all of the ins and outs though. Oh, and the stock 3G lude front wheel bearing is 44300-SF1-008 and is the same part for the 2G Integras.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.