Honda Prelude Forum banner

What's a 3rd Gen with a blown motor worth?

3K views 50 replies 33 participants last post by  psychoboy 
#1 ·
I don't have time (nor possibly the skills) to fix my baby so I need to let it go. It's a '91 Si 4WS w/whiteout trim & 177K miles.

What's one of these gorgeous machines with a clanking engine worth?

#4 ·
A mint body and interior could go for as much as 1000, but most will be under $500. I bought mine with a blown motor for $300 and it was in pretty good shape.

#7 ·
i paid 1000 for my parts car but it has a b20a and 4ws and good interior and my 91 taillights

#10 ·
That's the lowest I've heard.

If I had mucho money, I'd spend $1000+ for a mint 4WS body. Paint and cleanliness can go a long way. Drop a motor in and it's set.

#12 ·
they are worth a pretty penny. at least thats what it seems like these days. i guess they are so cheap because you cant swap anything into them without dropping a couple stacks. a broken down p.o.s. integra on craigslist can easily milk out $1000 and they arent even that fun to drive!

#38 ·
You Prelude Stalker you :-D

I don't have time (nor possibly the skills) to fix my baby so I need to let it go. It's a '91 Si 4WS w/whiteout trim & 177K miles.

What's one of these gorgeous machines with a clanking engine worth?
If you were going to sell it to me, I would say......about $50 :-D j/k, you could part it out and probably make more than selling the car as a whole.

#17 · (Edited)
I'm in Colorado; Metro Denver.

I'd spent the 3 weekends previous to the motor deciding to start clanking working on the interior. Detailed the vinyl - even removed the accessible parts, washed & dyed them. Sigh. All that work and the next week <kablooey>. Didn't get to the floors yet (as you can see).

Here's some pics. I can take more if anyone wants.

#20 ·
I know someone around here wanted a Bra for their 3rd gen...

Looks like mine except yours is auto and has way less rust, but you can probably get $500 without too much struggle, although around here we hunt for ones with clock covers. :D

Love the white saw blades! I went back and read your old thread about your issues. It is a shame that you have to let it go, but you can promise yourself to get another one later. Back in '98 I lost my Red '85 due to a crash, and I vowed I would get another one but upgrade to Si with 4ws. Ten years later I finally did. I missed driving a 'lude even more than I thought I did. I knew I was going to buy the car before I even drove the 80 miles to go see it, but once I sat down and it was drivable, it was all over.

Hope to see you in a lude again some day, good luck with selling your current one.

#23 ·
You guys and your lowball offers :laugh:. If I saw a 3rd gen like that anywhere near me I'd offer at least $700 or $800. I don't care if it's auto, I have a spare 5-speed tranny and access to all the parts I need for the swap. No clock cover, so what? You can get a brand new one from Honda for $15 shipped.

The only obvious rust is on the left rear corner. It still has the stock sawblades, and has 4ws. It even has the stock floor mats.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.