Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have time (nor possibly the skills) to fix my baby so I need to let it go. It's a '91 Si 4WS w/whiteout trim & 177K miles.

What's one of these gorgeous machines with a clanking engine worth?

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Start at 500 and go down.

Unless the body is immaculate and its got fresh rims and tires with a polished interior then try 500.

Start first like really low around 300

·
Memento Mori
7,515 Posts
A mint body and interior could go for as much as 1000, but most will be under $500. I bought mine with a blown motor for $300 and it was in pretty good shape.

·
Registered
105 Posts
where might you live?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
i paid 1000 for my parts car but it has a b20a and 4ws and good interior and my 91 taillights

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
around $500 depending on condition.

i missed a 88 with a rattle-motor for $85 last week...

·
Registered
9,584 Posts
around $500 depending on condition.

i missed a 88 with a rattle-motor for $85 last week...
That's the lowest I've heard.

If I had mucho money, I'd spend $1000+ for a mint 4WS body. Paint and cleanliness can go a long way. Drop a motor in and it's set.

·
Registered
118 Posts
they are worth a pretty penny. at least thats what it seems like these days. i guess they are so cheap because you cant swap anything into them without dropping a couple stacks. a broken down p.o.s. integra on craigslist can easily milk out $1000 and they arent even that fun to drive!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
^ LOL That's what I did. Then I finally got the prelude for $400 running b/c they were tired of fixing it every so often.

·
Registered
195 Posts
paid

$500 for 89si 4ws with bad tranny - body was a 7 (on a scale of 1 to 10)
$500 for 89s with spum bearing - body was a 9

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I'm in Colorado; Metro Denver.

I'd spent the 3 weekends previous to the motor deciding to start clanking working on the interior. Detailed the vinyl - even removed the accessible parts, washed & dyed them. Sigh. All that work and the next week <kablooey>. Didn't get to the floors yet (as you can see).

Here's some pics. I can take more if anyone wants.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
it haveing a auto might kill the price

·
Registered
196 Posts
I know someone around here wanted a Bra for their 3rd gen...

Looks like mine except yours is auto and has way less rust, but you can probably get $500 without too much struggle, although around here we hunt for ones with clock covers. :D

Love the white saw blades! I went back and read your old thread about your issues. It is a shame that you have to let it go, but you can promise yourself to get another one later. Back in '98 I lost my Red '85 due to a crash, and I vowed I would get another one but upgrade to Si with 4ws. Ten years later I finally did. I missed driving a 'lude even more than I thought I did. I knew I was going to buy the car before I even drove the 80 miles to go see it, but once I sat down and it was drivable, it was all over.

Hope to see you in a lude again some day, good luck with selling your current one.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts