Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
SH luder 06
231 Posts
my car has 122,000 miles. 97 type sh i am currently using 5w-30 full synthetic. Is this bad should I be using a high millage oil a lot thicker than 5w30, a synthetic blend maybe? my car burns about a quart of oil weekly, is that normal? Keep in mind I drive 60 to 80 miles a day for my work. Should I switch to a thicker oil?

·
HipHopHeadd
1,339 Posts
If you think you are burning a lot use somthing a little thicker like 10w30 synthetic. 10w30 synthetic is actually recommended in some areas.

·
Registered
69 Posts
not to be a thread stealer, but someone said that after you switch to synthetic you cant go back to regular. is that true?

·
Test PipE MasTeR
1,488 Posts
jdubya said:
not to be a thread stealer, but someone said that after you switch to synthetic you cant go back to regular. is that true?
yea ive heard that tooo

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
6E LUDE said:
Are you burning oil because your in VTEC alot? Or it just burns?

I use Valvoline Racing 20w50 in my Turbo H22.
Not to get off topic, but I read about your car in HCI whenever the old owner had it... I like it a lot.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
extra virgin olive oil

·
Registered
114 Posts
jdubya said:
No it's not. Tis a myth.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Now, I could be wrong so feel free to correct me, but I really really like Lucas oil stabilizer, I like it so much in fact that I prefer it over beer...

But really, I have used it in the majority of my vehicles and have been very happy with the results-less oil consumption, quieter motor, etc. I have yet to use it in my Lude and she has 165000 miles...I've got two bottles waitin for the next oil change!

-JB

·
HipHopHeadd
1,339 Posts
MdLude said:
I used 5W 30 from Amsoil
Amsoil is litteraly the best oil around. Do you buy it on the net or an auto parts store (if so which one)?

Fugative4385 said:
forgive me for bein a noob, but what exactly is the reason for 5w instead of 10w again?
The smaller the number the thinner the viscocity oil. 5w30 is therefore thinner than 10w30.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts