Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car is stock right now i have a 5th gen prelude i only put in a ingen air intake in the car what else shoould i do to it to create more power?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
IBTL

welcome to the forums!!
first of all read the new peoples section!!
second... don't post threads like THIS or people will flame you!!
just read around a lot theres a thread around here (im at work so i wont find it for u)
that shows you step by step bolt-ons and such

my suggestions to you would be exhaust and suspension, then if u wanna get a little more technical and a little more work u can do the throttle body, headers (kinda expensive for decent ones), and a piggyback tune or an ECU tune if u have a base and wanna do an obd1 conversion.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
There is a sticky(up at the top) on this its beginners guide to h22(5th gen motor) modification. Its has alot of information about it so go check that out it should help you alot.
Posted via Mobile

·
Bearderator
8,521 Posts
drive it into a canal. that usually adds 5-10whp.
If you do it in reverse you actually see better results. Going into the canal in reverse forces water up the tail pipe and into the engine cleaning out all that nasty power robbing gunk that's built up over it's life time

·
Registered
467 Posts
And dont forget the stickers, the more the better.
K&N, MUGEN, PP.COM
U will be up to at least 250hp by then.

·
Asian Assassin
2,911 Posts
where you normally put engine oil in, put 2 quarts of water, give you 35 extra ponies, dyno proven!

IBTL!

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
lower it. everyday i wish i could lower it

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
where you normally put engine oil in, put 2 quarts of water, give you 35 extra ponies, dyno proven!

IBTL!
There is a video on youtube out there where people put water in there trying to destroy the engine and it still kept running. thats hondas for ya, they woun't die with out a fight.

IBTL

·
Asian Assassin
2,911 Posts
^^^^really, got the link? i would like to see it!

i've done it on a lawn mower just bc i knew i was gonna throw it away, for experience, see the effect of it....it ran for a bit, then it choked, and never ran after that. the look on the dipstick was like vanilla twirl. weak shit. too bad the lawn mower wasn't made by honda. lol

·
Registered
136 Posts

IBTL!
Man this is harsh. You can flam on the guy but telling him to put water in the oil man? wtf
No for nothing but this site is to help fellas Luder. If you don't feel like helping then just don't response.
+1 for the first replier.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
woot i win!

i lose too tho i told him to drive into a canal a couple posts after that.
but reversing in was the funniest shit ever lol..

op (if u know what that means)
just... read dude its cool, welcome aboard.
dont put water in ur oil. stickers r ok tho

·
Asian Assassin
2,911 Posts
Man this is harsh. You can flam on the guy but telling him to put water in the oil man? wtf
No for nothing but this site is to help fellas Luder. If you don't feel like helping then just don't response.
+1 for the first replier.
relax its a joke, i dont expect him to be dumb enough to do that. its like me telling you to go jump off a cliff, i know for a fact you wouldnt do it.

btw, to the OP, welcome to the board. search before you really make a new thread, or you'll get flamed or get picked on.

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
^^^^really, got the link? i would like to see it!

i've done it on a lawn mower just bc i knew i was gonna throw it away, for experience, see the effect of it....it ran for a bit, then it choked, and never ran after that. the look on the dipstick was like vanilla twirl. weak shit. too bad the lawn mower wasn't made by honda. lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvriQIC7KvY

the audio has been disabled, probably due to copy write restrictions, but you will get the point.

·
Registered
3 Posts

IBTL!
come on man don't hold back on the real secrets, 8 oz. cool aid mix must be mixed with the water.. gotta give the cylinders a good sugar rush.. oooohhh yeaaahh

1 - 20 of 24 Posts