Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of picking colors and deciding whether I should paint the side moulding on the car.. What would you do?? I'm just saying if i spray the car white, should I paint the moulding white or keep the lines and paint in black. Painting the side moulding or bumpers are not a problem. Plastic doesn't matter.. and if I painted it blue, same question. thanks for your advice.

It's like, what do you do if you don't like the paint? Sell it, redo it, or deal with it??? I sold my last fresh painted 89 4ws lude in the same week. I DOn't want to start over again:0

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Paint the side molds...HELL YEA. it makes the car look a lot cleaner IMO. take off the side molds if you can, thats what i plan on doing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've already shaved the emblems antenna and body kit but the side mold sucks ass. I thought about shaving it also but the welding would have to low temp and professional. A lot of fill and time too.

ANd the last car was a two tone- this crazy metallic purple/plum and metallic black on the last half of the car. it looked good but I wanted a 4runner for the winter.
if you wan to see the 89 lude i'll find a link!!
valenburg said:
Paint the side molds...HELL YEA. it makes the car look a lot cleaner IMO. take off the side molds if you can, thats what i plan on doing.

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
IMO you should remove them, I prefer the smooth look, but fear cathing the door on something and ruining the finish!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I like the black moldings on Red and White cars. The contrast is cool, especially if you have CF hood and/or black wheels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts