Honda Prelude Forum banner

Rim size?

• 16's yo

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • 17's fo sho

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • crack is whack - Other (comment please)

Votes: 1 4.3%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be lowering my car with blues and race springs and I think my 14" stocks will be too small. What size do you guys think I should goto as far as rim/wheel size? I'm not looking at performance specifically nor looks specifically. I want some that are a good combination of both. I was thinking 16's. You think they are too small?? Thanks!

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
16s may handle better if u get a slightly larger tire ie: 205/40/17 will be smaller then a 205/45/16...which will give u a slightly better ride. and 16s dont look small when the lude is lowered...i have 17s and it looks kinda big. but my rims dont have a dish when the rim has a dish(lip) it will appear to be smaller since the rim is set in further so the lip is hoggin some rim size. so if u gonna get a lip go w. 17s...no lip u will be happy w. 16s...

·
~~EVIL LAUGH~~~
1,503 Posts
It's really on what you want/can afford. Do you have the money for the 16s, 17s or 18s. How much are you willing to spend? Do what you think will look good on your car?

I myself will never put anything bigger than a 17 on mine. Others love the way 18s look on their's. Just your own preference. Do you and don't worry about what other people think about it.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
I loved my old 16" rims. Konig Elans (12 spoke w/o a lip). Since they didn't have a lip, they looked bigger (almost like all the 17's our there now).

I'd say 16's since you still have a bit of sidewall for ride comfort but still have better handling...

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I like my 15's, but I'd be happier if they were an inch bigger. 17's and up don't really suit the oldschool look, I think.

·
Registered
326 Posts
when i said with the exception, some 17s look huge. ones without lips. bright colors, ect. 17s with a lip look fine. but i still think some styles with lips are a lil too extreme. i like Circuit 10s and Circuit 8s by rota tho.
im just very picky on wheels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.