Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm undecided on what to do next. All of these I want to do in the future but I don't know what to do next.

ECU with Hondata. This is the next logical step for my motor. I also don't plan to go any further than this; well a tune obviously.

JDMshit front lip. I don't even have the OEM one on.

NRG quick release with a steering wheel(undecided). My interior is stock, minus a shift knob and boot.

Seats(undecided). Once again, my interior is mostly stock.

Neuspeed front strut bar and Tanabe for all of the other bars. This would be mostly cosmetic. All of my Megan bars are pink and just ruin the car imo.

Neuspeed springs. My tanabe springs have the car sit too high imo. The ride height looks stock.

JDM black housing head lights and yellow fog lights. My exterior is also mostly stock besides my Traklites. It does have fresh Milano Red paint and black H-logos.

Type S valve cover and carbon plug cover. My stock valve cover is just to stock looking.

I'm also open to other idea's. Let me know guys

·
Registered
786 Posts
get the exterior done. lip, lights, etc.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
yeah i say go with the lip then lights and then springs then hondata

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
jdm lights and fogs. then do a retro on them. i love mine.

but my favorite mod is my s2k seats, and my jdm 94-96 center console and ebrake

·
Oh Gee
2,276 Posts
Neuspeed front strut bar and Tanabe for all of the other bars. This would be mostly cosmetic. All of my Megan bars are pink and just ruin the car imo.
On this, Id just pull your strut bars off, scuff them (sanding), and respray them to the color of your liking.. gold, chrome, silver, black.

Cheap.

But my vote goes toward springs or JDM headlights.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
well if your car is running fine maybe the lip or headlights like the other guys said... but if you run your car and find joy in that then id do the tune and come back to those... finish one thing before you start another but whatever

·
Registered
763 Posts
definitely more of a drop
and JDM lights.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you will be more satisfied with a tune.
About how much do you think I'd gain from a tune compaired to the stock P13?

Wow such a difference in opinion from you guys. I was expecting this or that but it's spread pritty even. I was leaning more for the tune to finish my motor or the lip sence I don't have one.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
well like said above you can redo your bars and then i would say get a drop do a tune and then your lip and lights doing a drop is both looks and performance remember that... its next on my list after new breaks all around :( damn those canyon runs they kill your breaks...

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
yeah prob if i were you id do the tune, lower it and lip at the same time like i did... its sick... but thats the run down for this set up imo

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah prob if i were you id do the tune, lower it and lip at the same time like i did... its sick... but thats the run down for this set up imo
That takes money. I just spent like $800 on myself for christmas, plus the other presents I bought. I'm trying to save to do one of these at a time. It'll be a month, at least, before I do anything.

I did plan on having it tuned sometime this spring, maybe I should stay with that. It does bug me that I'm not getting the most out of my motor, especially the Euro R manifold.

On a side note. As of a couple of days ago, I can put my first coat of wax on the paint.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
id like to see pics of your car..

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
^yeah i second that and the tune seems to be the best bet and seems to be what you want

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sorry, but I'd have to steal my friends camera. Plus, it's pissing hard here and is supposed to keep on doing it for awhile. Gotta, love Oregon weather.
Yea I can second that, hasnt stopped raining here in SW Wa in days.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts