Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the title says it...I tried to use 3m double sided tape...but it wont stick to the rubber? I'm not going to glue them or anything crazy..i just want them there...any suggestions on what you did or someone you know...what will bond rubber to carbon fiber.....

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
I didn't even bother messing with the rubber things. You could drill little holes if you'd like and reuse the clips

·
Registered
323 Posts
secure the rubber to the engine bay instead :tounge2:

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
secure the rubber to the engine bay instead :tounge2:
no...they actually set exactly on top of the head lights...so no one knows what will bond it??come on guys...and i know they arent needed...but i have a knar bar gap between the headlights and the hood...and everythings lined up..i set those on the headlights..closed the hood...and it looked soooo much cleaner...

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
we....at my auto shop use adheasive promoter........once you clean the area and put the promoter down and use double sided sticky tape it will stick great. We always use this on molding trim and emblems

·
Registered
562 Posts
haha im doing this as well...for one side i bought the rubber trim seperately...so you dont ruin the clips on your old hood you know? one side is help up with like 4 clips and some double sided tape...but the other side isnt even on yet lol. like everyone said...clean it up alot before taping it on...the thing with mine is that both the hood and rubber thingies were dirty as hell so im gonna put some rubbing alcohol or something to clean it up...maybe a hint of gorilla glue to hold them in place...keep me posted :eek:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Two part epoxy FTW, seriously, not even kidding.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i didnt reuse the rubber trim, but yea try cleaning up the peices and using the double sided tape again.
i did...acetone....its suppppppper fucking clean...
the tape wont stick...
i dont wanna glue it because of the heat....
ima figure something out.:suspect:

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
I didn't even bother messing with the rubber things. You could drill little holes if you'd like and reuse the clips
to the O.P. I know you don't want to drill but that is the best way to attach, the rubber. If it wasn't the best way do you think it would still come like that factory? If you drill just make sure you watch how deep the bit goes, even better get the shortest bit you can get just to be safe.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Try GORILLA glue or SUMO glue!!! It's way stronger then Krazy glue and you can find it at Walmart or Target bc that's what I used to keep my rubber trims onto my CF hood!!! :top:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Try GORILLA glue or SUMO glue!!! It's way stronger then Krazy glue and you can find it at Walmart or Target bc that's what I used to keep my rubber trims onto my CF hood!!! :top:
dude <3 im doing that to mine =D that shit works wonders...but dont put too much cuz they spread and look ugly @[email protected]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts