Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys im stupiderthenfawk with nitrous so i got some kinda i guess basic questions

what rings should i use?like whats the best brand for rings that will hold nos for a long time the car has a bluetop h23vtec will have a lil thicker headgasket and jrsc at 10-14 psi.i was planning on hitting it with a direct port 50shot.built head stock block just wanted to may be hone the sleeves at all and put acl race bearings and arp everything throught the motor.but what rings to use?i was going to get the direct port that your injectors plug into.thaught it was kinda cool.and what other parts or whats a list of exact parts will i need for the nitrous setup like all the n2o parts and rings lol.
sorry for my jumbled hunk of a question.my heads spinning right now lol
thanks in advance

-JDM

·
Registered
224 Posts
do you have a stock motor? sleeved motor? whats the details.

zex is one of the best kits out there.

·
Registered
224 Posts
well if the bottom end is still together then just use what is in there.

if you pull the pistons to put in new rings you will need to hone the block etc etc before you reinstal the pistons. and good luck finding someone who knows what the f is going on when it comes to honing frm sleeves

·
Registered
224 Posts
h22's have a different material. the h22,h23,f20c and f22c all have frm sleeves. it is very strong but does not expand like regular iron when it gets hot. you should always hone the cylinders when you pull the pistons. you want to knock off any glazing or out of round off so that the rings will seal. if you do not do this you could burn oil like a train.

your stock rings will be fine. it is the ring lands that are weak on the h22's.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i mean honing an h block isnt hard really, just gotta get a diff grit stuff and crosshatch away lol and if i decided to rering which im going to do.i need to know which rings are the best offered,someone said nitrated rings idk what that means or what company to get them from,they gotta be able to take boost and spray

·
Registered
1,886 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
If you refer to the je ring gap guidelines you should gap to moderate turbo nitrous. Assuming a stock bore of 87mm then the gap calculations go as follows.

Top ring gap: 3.425"x.005"=.017"
2nd ring: 3.425"x.0055"=.019"
oil ring:3.425x.015=.051"

If you want 270n/a + nitrous I suggest stronger pistons and some eagle rods.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the setup is the jdm bluetop h23vtec pnp head portmatched to intake mani jrsc at 10-12psi 550 or bigger injectors custom header full 3inch exaust slightly thinner headgasket ummmmm other minor details i may be forgetting.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts