Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everybody tells me somethin' different. I need to know what kind of oil to put in my 93 SI's manual transmission. My girls dad works at the local Honda dealership, and he said to use 10w30 motor oil. One other mechanic said to use any kind of gear oil. Pep Boys had a guy tell me to use some other shit, but he didn't seem to sure. Hell I just wanna know whos right. I'm ready to drive my car again. Somebody please tell me somethin. Thanx

·
Registered
147 Posts
ive always used gear oil, i cant see how using motor oil could hurt it, but if it was me i would def. go with gear oil

·
Registered
468 Posts
My boyfriend works at a Honda dealership, and he said the service manual calls for 10W-30 or 10W-40, however they usually use Honda MTF (manual transmission fluid) most honda manual trannys that come in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
ok here this will help I work at a honda dealership as a tech and u use motor oil becuase if u think what is the main goal of a trasmission using oil...not over heating and lubercation 10w-30 does just that...plus i think if u you look in your cars handbook it should tell you..or you can go to a dealership or sears auto center or some place where they do oil changes and ask for a spec sheet and that will tell you all the amount and type of fluid you need.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts