Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
an hour after i got home went out front and noticed my fan was runing, i opened the fuse box under the hood and took out the large fan relay and it didnt stop i heard that it was arcing turning on and off and making a arc noise then i removed the fan box fuse still nothing it was still going, finally i removed the condensor fan fuse it also was a big fuse then it stoped then i pluged it back in and the fan came on immediately what is a condensor fan and why would it not turn off?

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
its a fan that sucks soup out of a bowl, dries it out a little, and puts it in a can.

lol. the condensor fan is the driver's side fan, it is wired with the a/c to help cool the a/c condensor at lower vehicle speeds where the airflow alone from driving isnt enough.

a lot of 3g's have that problem. one of mine did. its a wiring problem, i think usually caused somewhere below the fusebox. i never checked where the wiring problem was in mine, i just took the fan and the relay out completely lol. i also removed the a/c though as well

when the radiator needs cooling, both fans turn on. when only the a/c needs cooling, only the condensor fan turns on. at least this is how its supposed to work lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey guys, have the same problem, passanger side fan turns on right after I shut the car off. and just stays on. Also had to remove the main fuse. I read that the fan comes on when the AC is on, eventhough you have it off in your dash board, its still on some how on. Question: How would you go bout turning it off, so that the AC and the fan can work properly?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts