Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 11297 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They have one of these over in the 4th gen section. Maybe we can keep one up here.

Anyways, I've been working on a few things...

Got some new tint today. 5% on the back three windows and 35% on the front two.

And... a few days ago, I finally got to do my rear brakes. I put on new rotors which I painted the center portion with silver caliper paint. And I repainted the calipers. Originally I was just going with silver, but I decided to try red to see if I like it. I still have to work on the fronts.

Close up on the rear wheel.

Oh yeah... and I added the rear mud flaps too.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I think there was one in the 5th gen section too. Anyways I sanded down my header pipes, loved how it turned out all shiney like.

Yes, they do look nice and shiny. Nice work. Plus... this is for 3rd gens. Don't think the 5th gen guys would have liked me posting what I did to my 3rd gen :)

Wow man, she's lookin good! When did you put those wheels on?
A week or so ago. I've been working on those rims forever. Here's the link about me putting them on.

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333249

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks sharp. You better swaush that rust before you end up like the rest of us.
I know... there's one or two other small spots. One of my issues is that one of the previous owners repainted the car and it's not R-51. It's close, but it's off by a little bit. So... it's going to be much harder to match up.

I'm not up for painting the car at the moment. My other 91 is still apart in the garage waiting for me to finish painting it.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks man! Loving the tint on your car too. Have to get mine tinted eventually.
I see you are in Australia, that's cool. I'd like to go sometime, but don't know if I'll ever make it. My mother was born in Brisbane, and my grandmother was from there until she married my grandfather after WWII. I still have relatives there, although I haven't met any of them.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I see you are in Australia, that's cool. I'd like to go sometime, but don't know if I'll ever make it. My mother was born in Brisbane, and my grandmother was from there until she married my grandfather after WWII. I still have relatives there, although I haven't met any of them.
Oh thats very interesting and Brissie nice! Though I'm from Sydney lol.

·
Needs Sensitivity Train'n
2,139 Posts
They have one of these over in the 4th gen section. Maybe we can keep one up here.

Anyways, I've been working on a few things...

Got some new tint today. 5% on the back three windows and 35% on the front two.

And... a few days ago, I finally got to do my rear brakes. I put on new rotors which I painted the center portion with silver caliper paint. And I repainted the calipers. Originally I was just going with silver, but I decided to try red to see if I like it. I still have to work on the fronts.

Close up on the rear wheel.

Oh yeah... and I added the rear mud flaps too.
Sweet work man and the tint looks perfect. Nice.

Your car is a perfect candidate for the fast brakes rear big brake kit. It uses the stock caliper so the work you did to paint it will still be there plus it will fill up more of the gaps. I also think that you made a good choice going with the red calipers.

Nice work and a great thread you started here.

·
Registered
789 Posts
clean!!!! not a fan of red, but ill tell you if i had that lude id fall in love. nice ride bro

·
Registered
580 Posts
I installed my Secluded Strut Tower Bars yesterday. They have been sitting in my garage for a year now. Yay!

PS. OMG the car handling is just to die for now.

·
Registered
836 Posts
what kind of paint did you use on the calipers? its a nice red :D

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what kind of paint did you use on the calipers? its a nice red :D
there's paint sold Specifically for calipers. you can sorta see my red calipers in the sig.
I used the duplicolor caliper spray paint (as opposed to the duplicolor brush on.) I wasn't sure about the red. I had already painted the front ones silver, but I saw the red in the store and figured I'd give it a shot. I still need to do the fronts. New rotors, pads and paint.

·
Registered
836 Posts
so it's just "red" no number or anything?

·
Registered
9,584 Posts
Wow it looks real good. Mud flaps FTW. You should sand and paint the rear mudflaps to match the nice trim you have. The tint job looks good. What sucks is the first week that you cant roll the windows down. I didn't have AC at the time I had tint installed. But looks sweet and the right tint will keep the car cool.

1 - 20 of 11297 Posts