Honda Prelude Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1133 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Did alittle more tuning yesterday and got a ticket for 70 in a 55:sad: At least that load point is tuned now. I filled up yesterday so I could check to see how my MPG is coming along.

I went 76 miles before my gas gauge budged. This is deffinently an improvment. I went 60 before it budged and I ended up with 26.5 MPG. This is about what I got on the stock computer. This is all mixed driving BTW. Also, I went 80 miles before it budged, on the stock computer, and I got 31.5 mpg, this was 90% freeway miles though.

So yeah, I'm really happy right now. I can't wait to check it after some more driving. Better yet, after some freeway driving.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
So... One day I decided to sell my car. SO I sold a bunch of shit off of it... including my headlights.
Then stupid me decides to keep the car once everything is sold... so I had to make another set.
Still need to sand these puppies.
Flat black, FX-Rs, IS250/350 shrouds.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Nice man, they look sharp, i've personally have yet to see these kinds of retrofits in person. Hope you can meet up with us to the mt rainer cruise!

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I filled up today and got 29 mpg; mixed driving; highway/city and I live in a mountinous area. This is a 3mpg over my stock computer, from back in the day, when I just had an intake and exhaust. Now if I could only trust the stock injectors to go lower than 16:1 A/F.

Tuning FTW

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Fresh Royal Purple oil change.

When I left work I noticed a loud exhaust leak under partial throttle. All of the bolts to all of the flanges were torqued to spec and I didn't see any black residue so IDK. I need to get rit of this ebay test-pipe, ebay exhaust and RS-R header and go for a Hytech and 3".

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Nice, what kind of projectors are you gonna use?
well i think im gong bixenon and ive been looking at the fx-r projectors on the retrofit source, what do you think? good choice?

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
well i think im gong bixenon and ive been looking at the fx-r projectors on the retrofit source, what do you think? good choice?
That's what's in my current set up and I love them. I didn't think it would be a huge difference from my G35s but it is. The high beam is much better, more color and very wide beam.:thumbs-up:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
That's what's in my current set up and I love them. I didn't think it would be a huge difference from my G35s but it is. The high beam is much better, more color and very wide beam.:thumbs-up:
well thats great to hear, now i can worry about the damn retrofit it self. lol

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I only drove to work and back home but damn. From the sounds of things, the exhaust leak has increased in size over night. It seriously sounds horrible now. I'm going to get it over my friends pit again and check it out tomorrow. I have gasket making material so I'm probably going to take off the bottom half of the header and remake those gaskets at the very least.

21 - 40 of 1133 Posts