Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow.. so I'm really embarassed for asking this question, but if you turbo a car and add an FMIC, how do you link the boost with the intake/throttle body?

I know you need air before you get to 3k RPM, obviously, so how do you add an intake to the turbo? Or can you just run the engine off of air passing through the turbo? I'm so confused.

I have an AEM (basically V2) and I was wondering if I just replace the entire intake with intercooler piping.. and see if it works before boost.

I feel like a complete newb for asking this, but it's one of those overlooked questions that I never really thought about. I'm sure it will make sense when someone explains it, but I can never be too sure.

TIA

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
the turbo is directly connected to the TB via charge piping.. and is always blowing air into the TB.. always...

·
Registered
750 Posts
ALWAYS? what about when the cars not running? jk.

the air enters the turbo through the centre of the compressor turbine then gets compressed through the shell, out the shell, through the intercooler, up the charge piping into the engine. there you go

·
Registered
317 Posts
even if the turbo wasn't spinning theres plenty of space between the fins for the engine to suck in air. you just put an air filter the the opening of the turbo and there you go the engine sucks in air through the intake piping that goes from the turbo to the fmic to the engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts