Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey! First off all, this forum is dead that's why you didn't get any response haha. For info and help on the 2nd Gen, check out the "Second Gen Prelude Owners Worldwide" group on Facebook.

There are no exhaust system available for the 2nd gen. Same as with any other aftermarket part lol. There is one header option "OBX"....ebay headers. Quality is fine but the hang really low, so if your Lude is lowered they aren't a option.
If you want an exhaust custom is the way to go. Just go to an exhaust shop an let them make you one. 2" is a good size if your engine is stock. going up wit modifications 2.25, 2.5....3" is the maximum I would put on a 2nd gen, but only of the engine is heavily modified.

I am just occasionly looking on here to redirect lost soules to the facebook group👻

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Lol Simon you were on here to answer it! But yeah Apostolic there's just not many of these cars left and most are just being run into the ground by youngsters with no money, Simon, myself and a few other die hard 2nd gen fanatics are about but more on FB, I've not logged on here for years and just thought I'd see if it was still dead and it is.

Best bet is custom, the header is actually not bad it's good for upto 200bhp with some port matching and polishing the insides and enlarging the secondary ports that mate with downpipes. Downpipes should be at least 1.75" for mild to mid spec engine, for high power to race then 2" is the way to go. From secondaries 2" for stock to mild built, 2.25" for medium build and 2.5% for high to race spec build you won't need 3" unless you plan on a stupid size turbo with lots of boost! which if that's the case you'll need a mosselman header or custom one made for turbo, as far as other headers go there's been a few around best one is DC but they stopped long ago so 2nd hand only chance but few and far between now seen one come up in last few years for sale, but their for mild to mid spec build anything for high spec to race you'll have to go custom.

·
Registered
29 Posts
A custom exhaust is your best option. I bought a Magnaflow muffler from 4wheelonline, and local shop did the installation including the custom 2.25" piping and resonator. My headers are stock. I can say that the sound is great and not too loud.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts