Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SO I already own a 1995 honda prelude SR- VTEC, which got into a parking lot accident where this jackass hit my rear qaurter panel. The damage was estimated at $5000. i recently saw this add selling 1994 prelude. Do you guys think that i should buy this as a parts Car... HEres some details. He is only asking $4000

1994:
Honda Prelude :
Red :
Black :
Manual 5 speed :
208 000km :
Chestermere :
Finally time to let this go. Have owned the car since the 2000. It's running a t3/to4 turbo with a legendboy turbo manifold. Using uberdata with a rage2 base map, which is surprisingly very good. The new owner will most likely want to get it tuned. It's got 6 autometer ultra light series gauges (pyrometer, oil pressure, water temp, boost/vac, air/fuel and fuel pressure. It's got a VIS carbon fiber hood with vent, wings west side skirts, black widow front and rear, wings west 3 piece spoiler, 16" enkei RS-R wheels, imitation HKS SSQV, Clarion head unit (does not use CD's only SD card and aux input, Front mount Intercooler, JDM black housing headlights, compustar alarm/starter combo, skunkworks adjustable sleeves and coils, deltagate mark II wastegate, dsm blacktop injectors:

I won't lie, this car does need some tender love and care and a bit of work but would be a great project. I did have plans to build the engine but priorities changed while I was overseas and this project must come to an end. Some of the things that I would have liked to do are:
Rust on the back two fenders
Re clear coat the hood
either a good power polish or a repaint
Make a new downpipe
Needs a new windscreen (it's cracked across the middle)
Tune
The car itself is actually pretty quick but I reckon it's running a tad rich for safety.
Might have some extras if the price is right Not in a rush to sell, but since I got the s2k, I would like a practical winter car! Feel free to lowball because you never know!

SOME PICS
http://img356.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sspx0030fk1.jpg
http://img529.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sspx0007oc6.jpg
http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sspx0032yl4.jpg
http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=n5284751792067693468ay2.jpg

The Main question im asking is how hard is it going to be to take off my qaurter panel and replace it with this one.?????

THANKS for all your help.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
sweet man, that would be a nice pickup. But you could definitely get him down on the price

I like those hoods, they are buttsecks. But you must have boost to back them up :D

Welcome to the site too

·
Registered
449 Posts
i think it would be a shame to tear up such a nice car to fix yours. you should find one thats in worse shape if your gonna cut it up. let that one live. why crush them when you can restore them? i think thats from car crazy... right?

to answer your question....a good body man would have no problem cutting a section of your car out and replacing it. trying it yourself would be braveheart status

·
Registered
841 Posts
So you want to buy a turbo'd lude and use it as a parts car for your non turbo?
Why bother tearing apart a perfectly good car to fix yours?
Just buy that Lude and use yours as a parts car to fix anything that may happen to that one. Like maybe tearing off all the rediculous body kits and replacing them with OEM.

·
Registered
69 Posts
yeah i am with thoses guys why spend 4k just for a quarter panels?? dont get that at all????? take off the bodykit and restore to stock, i think that would be ur best bet if u wanna spend that kinda money on a car

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I bet you could find the right body man that would save your car and do a good job.....keep looking around!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i am with thoses guys why spend 4k just for a quarter panels?? dont get that at all????? take off the bodykit and restore to stock, i think that would be ur best bet if u wanna spend that kinda money on a car
Obviously its not just the quarter panel... ITS THE WHOLE CAR... with a turbo'd h22 and everything.

Just buy that Lude and use yours as a parts car to fix anything that may happen to that one. Like maybe tearing off all the rediculous body kits and replacing them with OEM.
WEll the thing is this ludes got 200 xxx where mine h22a has only 120 xxx, so therefore mayb even taking the turbo and putting it on my engine.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Obviously its not just the quarter panel... ITS THE WHOLE CAR... with a turbo'd h22 and everything.

WEll the thing is this ludes got 200 xxx where mine h22a has only 120 xxx, so therefore mayb even taking the turbo and putting it on my engine.

I can understand that, but it would still be cheaper finding a scrapped Prelude, and cutting the quarter panel off that, and buying a brand new turbo kit at the same time...

·
Registered
194 Posts
X2
I totally agree with you! If you decide to get that car, use yours as a parts car, switch parts between cars accordingly and plus you get a turbo'd car. A turbo'd lude at that!
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
in my opinion that lude is not worth 4k, maybe 3k but not 4

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
in my opinion that lude is not worth 4k, maybe 3k but not 4
it might get 4k if the engine was rebuilt when he did the turbo and id it right got everything sleved and shit... cause thats liek a new engine lol you could buy that car and i bet you could part it out fore more then 4k:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts