Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
why the hell would you get rid of VTEC? im pretty sure your mods arent extensive enough for that dude. and i know at least converge is in love with blacktrax. seems like good stuff. its a stock manifold but ported and polished and whatever else.

·
Registered
260 Posts
bluedlude said:
why the hell would you get rid of VTEC? im pretty sure your mods arent extensive enough for that dude. and i know at least converge is in love with blacktrax. seems like good stuff. its a stock manifold but ported and polished and whatever else.
I guess I could see a benefit of getting rid of VTEC if you're turbo'd and want an easier tune... not sure though.

·
bangin' gears
15,675 Posts
bluedlude said:
its just eliminating the vtec lobe and leaves you with BIG ASS primaries. Also they are hollow which makes them lighter. These are not "meant" for street driving. Only for drag racing and HIGH compression.

It also requires eliminating a few things from the valvetrain which allows you to rev higher to make all the power from the cams.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, sorry if im asking to many questions - i allways try and find out b4 i post

1 - 5 of 5 Posts