Honda Prelude Forum banner

What color should i paint my valve cover?

• Crinkle Red

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • Crinkle White

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • White with helllla clear

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Yellow?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something original....

Votes: 7 17.1%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
The white usually tends to turn off white or yellow from heat. Not normal paint the high temp stuff. Even had a powder coated white one yellow a little. Never stays bright white.

I've had everthing you can think of for colors on my valve covers. Gold, Red, now it Custome Bronze/purple pearl powdercoated with another layer of clear powdercoat. Looks different.

One of my other favs was when I did Urban Camo......that what I called it. Grey base primers, with black, orange, white camo......Looked sick on my DA.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
red & white the tradtional vtec colors - cant really go wrong there - but hell originality never hurt i say go for it

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Go with yellow. Make that ish stand out. Finish it off with a carbon fiber spark plug wire cover and you're golden.

·
Prelude Pedo
3,596 Posts
Dont do krinkle red. Its like a jdm Type S copy and thats lame. If you want red krinkle buy the jdm vc. Instead do something original...Im doing woodland cammo one day along with the underside of the hood. I know its not totally original but I dont care I used to be army.

edit: I think gloss white would be wonderfull. As long as you can keep it clean.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
i think the VC looks good black, but you asked for a color, i say red, but match the heat shield and the CIA or it will look funny, better yet, take the heat shield off

·
Registered
852 Posts
Mines black with silverish vtec.
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Heres what yellow would look like

Thats the high temp spray paint. I think it came out great, all though the pic didn't.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Red wrinkle just looks the best IMO. Especially on a white, black, or silver car. But like stated, if you want wrinkle red, just buy the JDM VC. They're only $150, and there really is nothing like that Honda shade of red (and the quality) If you don't want red, you could go for Bronze, or a bright ass blue (like EBP). It really depends on what other kind of colors you have going on with your car. My girlfriend says my car looks like a rainbow under the hood with all the different colored stuff. But I like it. I've never been a big fan of matching EVERYTHING. (plug wires, vacuum hoses, wire cover, etc.) When everything is all one color, shit can tend to look a little ricey,IMO Honestly though, it's your car, so it should ultimately be up to you.
Sorry I don't have a current pic of my engine bay, but it is super cold out and my shit is dirty because of winter. But for the mental image, I have a JDM red VC, blue NGK wires, orange Mugen resevoir covers, a black Injen SRI, and a DIY shaved and painted bronze wire cover. To each his own.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
flat blue ftw.
none of this wrinkle finish crap.

i need to clean it...got some grease on it. :p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts