Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing the carpets in my '91 UKDM 3g Prelude as the plastic heel mat is cracked & ripped. Once I removed the carpet, I found that the sound deadening under the carpet was soaking wet (the area under the pedals) but the top of the carpet seemed to be dry, I can't find any holes where the water could have come in so does anybody have any idea where the water could have come from? Do the windscreens leak on the 3g? although I don't think it has come from a windscreen leak as the sound deadening behind the pedals is dry

Before anybody says it, yes I've searched & no I didn't spill anything in there..

Thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
i can't help you but know that youre not the only one, the drivers side, since i've owned has been damp, all the way to the rear seat (at the beginning it was soaking wet), which prolly has sped up the rust, just yesterday i pulled the car behind the drivers seat, the carpet is alright but the sound deadening and whatnot is wet.

only the drivers side, the trunk and the passenger side of the car are dry.

but my car has always smelled like shampoo, so i think little of it.

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
This is the age old sunroof drain problem! I the boot check the sides behind the trim and look to see if the drains are still poining out of the car! Could be a leaking window, does it do it when parked on a hill?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
revvolutions said:
for me there isn't any in car showers. the trunk is dry and there isn't any water in the sunroof.
Same here, no in car showers, trunk (I'd say boot as I'm British) is also dry

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
No it wont be coming from the sunroof, check the drains in the boot behind the toolkit and the cubby

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UK Lude - Greg said:
No it wont be coming from the sunroof, check the drains in the boot behind the toolkit and the cubby
Don't think it will be coming from the boot, it is only wet under the pedals & no further back than that

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
water will go under the back seat. My first lude leaked from the back window, behind the back seat and into the passenger footwell and killed the ecu. All I'm saying is its worth a look.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
can we saay sunroof drain plugs clogged yep thats what happen to us 2gs

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JDM86lude said:
can we saay sunroof drain plugs clogged yep thats what happen to us 2gs
I don't think the sunroof drain plugs are clogged up (still need to check by pushing thick gauge wire through them as somebody suggested), as the only place I have wet carpets is under the drivers feet & no other place is wet, I've taken the carpet out now so I'll be able to see where (hopefully) the water is coming from..
The floor under the carpets is clean with no rust or holes, not bad for a 15 year old Japanese car in the UK what with our horrible rainy weather & salted roads during the winter..

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
It could also be the door seal between the door and the body, they join together when the door is closed, are your door cards ever wet at the bottom after rain?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UK Lude - Greg said:
It could also be the door seal between the door and the body, they join together when the door is closed, are your door cards ever wet at the bottom after rain?
Nope, just wet under the carpet

Just have to wait till it rains again (shouldn't be too long!!) or until the hosepipe ban is lifted, strange as that might sound

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
i don't think it's water at all

i'm willing to bet your clutch master cylinder is leaking inside the firewall, and that's actually brake fluid at your feet.

Matt

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
McJonesySi said:
i don't think it's water at all

i'm willing to bet your clutch master cylinder is leaking inside the firewall, and that's actually brake fluid at your feet.

Matt
Thanks for that suggestion, I have checked & it was/is definately water

1 - 15 of 15 Posts