Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
wesku's B20A1 TURBO Project *new pics 1.5.08*

Ok it's time to share some info/pics of my turbo project.

So the engine is B20A1 137 hp stock.

I live in Finland, Europe and we have some f*ck up laws what comes to upgrading performance of our cars. Here is legal upgrade only 20% more to stock, so in my case (135*1,2) 161,5 hp is maximun what my lude can push if i want to keep it sreetlegal.

Here is list what parts i will use in my "evo 1 setup"

- KKK K24 (EDM AUDI S2 stock turbo, ~270max)
- 46mm wastegate from www.hevosvoima.com
- 34mm dump
- 550mm*180mm*65mm intercooler from www.driftstyle.fi
- custom made turbo manifold, downpipe and charge pipes

-engine management is going to be chipped obd0 ecu or Megasquirt
-wb lambda

Some fitting pics

Prewelded home made header, still missing wastegate flange and of course final weldings :)

So this is just start, and i have another B20A1 what is the "evo 2" whit new pistons, rods, etc etc...​

Feel free to comment and specially all turbo luders share some tips :)

and sorry about my "mika häkkinen-english" :oops::mrgreen:​

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
KidSupreme said:
Oh my god. That's going to be a beast! Props for TURBO!
Indeed, i'd love to have that kind of set-up

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thegreatdane said:
Looks promising :) If you're going with OBD-0 what distributor would you be using?
That seems to be the biggest problem to solve. I was thinking dizzy from d16a9 but there is a lot of modifications to do. Lets see what happens :roll::-D

maybe TATECH is the best i my case, because ecu and wiring harness will have to modify anyways...Tatech is samekind product like Haltech...

·
Registered
136 Posts
wesku said:
That seems to be the biggest problem to solve. I was thinking dizzy from d16a9 but there is a lot of modifications to do. Lets see what happens :roll::-D

maybe TATECH is the best i my case, because ecu and wiring harness will have to modify anyways...Tatech is samekind product like Haltech...
Yea the D16A9 dizzy doesnt fit well on the B20A1, it's way to big. If I were you I would convert to OBD-1 and use the dizzy and cam sensor from a 3rd gen lude or from a 3rd gen accord/2nd gen lude JDM B20A engine along with chrome or uberdata.

But of course I dont know how expencive that Tatech management is compared to Haltech.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Ignition

Well if you go with a crank fired setup you won't have to worry about any dizzy it will be more accurate only downside is finding somewhere to fit the crank trigger wheel and the sensor

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Your the man! One of a kind.

·
Registered
23 Posts
nice turbo setup, i have been on hometurbo.com for a while but they hate me there. :p i flipped my civic so i got a 2nd gen prelude. 2.0si. an i want to continue what i was doing with my civic and turbo it. Oh and my civics tierod broke that is why it flipped. I have enjoyed the site so far and cant wait to start posting.

-stephen

oh and can u give some details on fuel management and are u using obd1 or obd0?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all of you! nice to know that someone like it...

Jeah made manifold with my own hands. :) Material is S235 (Fe 37) steel ,mild steel or how call it(You need 6 x 90 degree tubes, 2 x long 20 degree tubes and of course flanges)...This was my first DIY-manifold, that's why I use cheap material. Next one is going to be stainless steel on....

And kuntry_boi06, sorry I don't have enought time to make manifold for you. And as you can see I'm Finland so shipping cost will kill you.:( Just try to contact some guy with welding skills form your hometown.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts